december 13

tyler wakes up when the sun coming through his window is too much to handle. he forgot to close the blinds last night. he tries to stop being sleepy by walking around his small room, grabbing his phone and checking if he has any notifications.

new message from awsten 💗

his heart beats faster when he sees that name. he smiles to himself, giggling like the ever so typical schoolgirl and opens up the message. nothing makes him happier these days than talking to his new crush. or boyfriend? well, they've only gone on one date so it's too soon for him to call awsten his anything.

awsten 💗: morning ty, i'm already at my grandma's house. i miss you

he rereads the text a million times, his heart beating faster each and every time. he quickly types up a response, trying to contain his excitement. after all, a new day means a new message from awsten.

tyler 🌈💝: i miss you too. the meeting today is gonna be boring without you

awsten 💗: i'll be back before you know it
awsten 💗: gotta go, mom's making me go last minute christmas shopping with her

tyler 🌈💝: have fun! ttyl

he locks his phone and puts it on top of his small dresser. he doesn't have as much space as he used to back in columbus, but he couldn't care less. all he really needs is somewhere to sleep in and somewhere to put his clothes in. the time on his phone reads 9:47 am. he still has some time left before he has to leave for the lgbt center meeting.

the routine he follows for these occasions is always the same: he showers and gets dressed, eats a relatively light breakfast and heads out. he knows that he can eat from the cookie platter his friend spencer brings if he feels hungry later on.

to be completely honest, tyler isn't sure where he would be without the new friends he made when he ran away from his shithole of a house. thankfully spencer and troye helped him out. they're the only real friends he's ever had.

he decides to walk to the lgbt center, not for any reason other that he doesn't want to spend money on an uber or the bus. he has to save up for the christmas presents he has planned. the cold isn't that bad yet. he can still tolerate it without much complaint.

"tyler! what's up, dude?" the voice of spencer brings him into reality when he gets to the building. he waves hello at his friend, seeing that troye is taking cookies from the platter on the snacks table.

"hey, spence. i'm not late, right?"

"no, you're actually early. simon is talking to some guys at the front desk. the meeting won't start until he's done with them, i think."

tyler takes off his jacket and puts it on the hangers that also hold his friends' coats. the three of them take their usual seats. "didn't notice you arrived," troye says at him and offers him a chocolate chip cookie, "here. got you some before they are gone."

the small boy takes the cookies and thanks his friend. he begins to eat them, his mouth watering at the great taste. spencer's mom is the done that bakes the cookies. her kind heart insists that the people at the meetings should eat them, saying that everyone deserves to have a pastry once in a while. no wonder she has a successful bakery downtown.

"you're not gonna believe this," troye speaks with a full mouth, "the guys talking to simon are so gorgeous. like, model kind of gorgeous."