december 19

life update

hey guys, sorry that i haven't been active these past few days but it's been an eventful few days. an old friend came to visit me and all my attention's been focused on him. ofc i'll explain about him later, this is only a short update after all. i'll post new poetry after christmas, i can't come up with any ideas for them rn.

i hope everyone's having a good holiday, no matter what you celebrate and if you don't celebrate anything. enjoy the cold weather or for you southern hemisphere peeps, enjoy the warm weather.

i'll talk to you guys later

-tyler

„"„

time's running out, or at least that's how it feels like to josh. christmas keeps getting closer and closer. it's almost a deadline for him by now.

he's waiting for tyler to go to the bakery. his crush usually doesn't take this long to get ready, but it's not a big deal. he looks over at brendon sleeping on the bed. he smiles to himself, he's so lucky to have him as his best friend. to be fair, brendon's been acting a bit odd lately, but that's normal brendon anyway.

"ty? are you ready?" he goes up to the bedroom door and knocks on it. he tries not to talk too loudly to wake up brendon.

as if on cue, tyler comes out of his room looking as warm as ever. "sorry, i couldn't find my hoodie. it was in the back of my closet, next to me obviously," the younger boy jokes while grabbing his keys and the other essentials.

"was that a gay joke?" josh raises his brow. he didn't expect tyler to be so open to him that he can now make those kinds of jokes around him.  it's nothing out of the ordinary, but he can't even really make gay jokes to brendon. i mean, he can, but it takes a big part of him to do so.

the younger boy nods with a low, "mhm," and they both brace themselves for the cold winter weather.

„"„

brendon and jenna have become an unlikely duo. they're sharing some chinese food they ordered for the sake of not cooking anything. as much as jenna loves to do so, once in a while she likes to sit back and enjoy other people cooking for her instead. the choice of entertainment is a movie they stumbled upon while scrolling through netflix's plethora of romance movies.

"are you serious that this isn't you and josh?" jenna asks while grabbing the brown rice from the table to serve herself some on her plate. they're only about 45 minutes into love rosie, and it's become a lecture already.

"yeah. i'm not getting pregnant, staying behind while josh moves to boston and dates someone else instead of me. that's not how the male body works."

"alright, what about without the baby part? how are you so sure you're gonna be together forever? i mean, josh probably wants to do his own thing at some point."

brendon sighs and takes a bite out of his chow mein. "i guess so. we're best friends, though. there hasn't been a moment in our lives where we haven't been there for each other. we agreed on going to the same college and be roommates."

"you could get accepted into different colleges, or want different careers. it never works out like you planned. look at me, i wanted to be a pediatrician in new york and now i'm a pastry shop chef with a degree in psychology in a small town in ohio. things rarely go the way you want them to."