Chapter 20

Da-da-da-daaaaaaa!

Neeew chapter wazzup!

Sooo I have another chapter already written, ready to fire off! Basically it was a HUGE chapter that I split into two.

so yeah, double dose of SBN coming right up.

SBN overload!

Enjoy!

Chapter 20

Corinna’s POV

“Corinna?”

I blinked, looking up from my bowl of cereal to focus on Sandra who was frowning over at me. “Are you okay?”

I quirked an eyebrow and gave her a cheeky grin. “Are you concerned for my welfare?”

Her eyes flashed with irritation as she crossed her arms over her chest. “You’ve been staring at your Corn Flakes for twenty minutes now and you look a little flushed. Are you sick?”

“Twenty minutes?” I glanced up at the clock on the wall and mentally swore. “I’m fine. I have to go,” I said, hastily dumping my cereal down the sink and rushing from the dining room where Sandra was having breakfast.

I hadn’t even noticed her come in.

No, I was too focused on playing the memory of the night before over and over in my head. The way Flynn’s eyes had darkened and the way his hands had felt resting against my cheeks and the way his lips─

I shook my head and took the stairs two at a time. I did not need to be thinking about Tyler Flynn’s lips. No way.

Even if I could still kind of feel them against my skin.

“Snap out of it,” I muttered as I shut myself in my room, sending a panicked glance at the clock and wondering if I had enough time.

I grabbed my bag and ran a hand through my knotted hair, wincing when my fingers got caught on a tangle and I yanked out a couple strands. I pulled on my socks and headed for the door, ready to escape before Flynn got there but when my phone rang, I pulled up short.

I frowned when I glanced at the screen, seeing Flynn’s number there. “Hello?”

“Cory, do you think you can get a ride to school today? I don’t think I’ll be able to make it.”

“What’s wrong?” I asked, hearing the strain in his voice.

“Nothing, I just...have to take care of something. I might not be in school today but I’ll try to pick you up. Do you work tonight?”

“Yeah.”

“Okay, I’ll let you know.” I frowned, hearing a projected voice in the background and some other noises that were familiar. “I’ll talk to you la─”

“Are you at the hospital?” I asked, my heart rate spiking at the thought. “Are you hurt?”

He didn’t say anything for a moment and I wondered if maybe he hadn’t heard me before he replied, “I’m fine.” Another pause. “Are you worried about me, Cory?” I could hear a smile in his voice and I straightened my spine.

“Jesse would be upset if you got hurt.”

He chuckled lightly. “I’m okay. You don’t have to worry.” I heard the sounds of a mumbled conversation and then he said, “I have to go. I’ll see you later.”

Then he hung up.

I spent the whole walk to school telling myself that the sick feeling in my stomach was hunger thanks to my forgotten bowl of cereal, that the thought of Flynn in the hospital had nothing to do with it.