Chapter Twenty-Eight; Trauma ✓

Ria's POV

"Take a week off from school and I'll be giving you your medical certificate," the doctor tells me with a smile which I return.

"Thank you," I reply before heading out of the room, seeing the boys outside.

"Where to?" Julian says in a chirpy tone.

"Hold your horses. The doctor told her to rest, so that's what she'll do," Cole scolds him as Randy hits him at the back of the head.

"Boring," I chime.

"If we bring you food, will that be enough to bribe you?" Brian says from behind me.

"Do I look like some pig to you?" I glare at him.

"No. You eat like an elephant but you look like a twig," he teased, biting his lip as he held in his laughter. I huffed and hit him on the chest with my elbow, making him cough and glare at me. Cole cleared his throat from behind us then smiled.

We followed him to his car and got in. The "I got shot" card didn't work as I didn't get to sit in the passenger seat, where Julian now sits. I pouted from the back and looked out the window, while the trees whizzed by. I plugged my earphones in and slumped in the boring seat.

It stayed silent the whole ride and we finally arrive home. My parents weren't home and it was quiet. The boys left to get me food while I get comfortable. I head to my room and lay down in bed, closing my eyes and covered my face with my arm as I let out a sigh. I feel so guilty and responsible that Cole had lost his dad. I'm a bad person for taking a part of his family from him.

I snap out of my thoughts when I hear knocks- well, bangs- on the door. I open it and find the guys with five pizza boxes and a jar of gummy bears.

My eyes sparkled and I quickly snatched the gummy bears from them and jumped on the couch, turning the television on. I put the movie "Transformers" on. I like all genres of movies, as long as it's a movie then I could watch it but my favorite series is Transformers because why not?

The boys settled down beside me and we all knocked down on the movie together.

"I should really takes notes on this movie if I want to pick girls up better," Julian thought out loud. I guess he's letting his inner player out. "Why don't I just let aliens customize my car? The radio instantly sets the mood! I mean look, the car brings them to a cliff! To make out in the sunset!" He shouts and we all shot him a look, making him shut up.

-•-*-•-

Cole and Julian left to go back home. Randy left to go over to Tessa's because she was home alone. No, I don't think they'll be all kinky because Randy left with a worried expression.

And that left me with Brian.

I told him to just sleep at Randy's room as I settled in my bed, already falling asleep.

=•=

"Cole!" I call out and skipped right to him. There was something different as I looked at him. He had this grim expression, the same angry way he looked at his dad. "Are you okay?"

"Leave me alone. It was your fault," he pushes me away, making me fall on the ground.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what I can do now, please Cole. This isn't you," I plead as he walked away.

I run after him and it all looked endless. When we arrived at a dead end, he stops and held a gun to his head. His back was turned to me.

"It wasn't your fault. I'm sorry, it was mine," he mumbled as he turned around with a smile then pulled the trigger. I stood there, wide-eyed as I see his limp body before me.

"No!" I scream as I hugged him, tears staining my face. "Please, come back. This can't be real," I sobbed.

I looked back down at his body to see his eyes open and staring back at me. "Ria, it's a dream. Wake up," he said before everything went dark.

=•=

"Ria, it's a dream. Wake up," I felt someone shake me. I shot up, panting and felt the tears run down my cheeks. I looked beside me and saw Brian.

I hug him tight and and cried even more as he rubbed my back in a comforting way.

"It was just a nightmare, calm down. It's over now," he hushed. I looked back at him and he cups my face, wiping the tears off. "You're okay, calm down," he smiles. I nod and hiccupped as I hugged him again feeling safety envelope me.

After a few more silent minutes, we pull away and he stands up to head back to his room. I want him to stay but I don't want his head to grow bigger from all the ego I'm feeding him.

I sigh and just gave in, grabbing the end of his shirt. He looks back at me.

"C-Could you stay?" I stutter, looking away. He said nothing and laid down beside me, tucking us both in.

After some uncomfortable twists and turn in attempt to find a position to be able to sleep, Brian speaks. "Come here."

I scoot closer to him and he puts my head on his chest then swings my leg over his. I found the position very comfortable despite the fact that I'm practically sleeping on him.

"Better?" He whispers, his voice vibrating in his chest.

"Yeah," I whisper back. I felt really awkward and decided that a little talk would ease the tension.

"Did you do this to your girlfriend before or an ex?" I ask. Out of all the things I could say, that was the only thing I could think of. 

"Curious?" I sense the smirk in his voice. I lightly his chest and he chuckles. "No, I didn't do it to an ex because I don't have one." He simply answers. "I've never had a girlfriend. Julian, Cole and I go to bars. Julian and Cole goes for the girls but Cole mostly goes for the billiard game. I go for the drinks, I don't like one night stands but whenever I did have one it's one of those rare occasions where I was knock-out drunk." He continues.

"Do you boys like kissing girls and stuff?" I ask.

"I don't know about Julian and Cole but I only kiss the girl I want to kiss, unless I was knock-out drunk." he explains.

"Is there a girl in mind?"

"Why do you want to know?" He teases. "To answer your question, yes there is. I've kissed her and it was amazing. You'll meet her one day, don't worry"

I have to admit. I'm jealous

"Okay. It'd be my honor," I cover up.

"You should get some sleep," he hushed, playing with my hair. I nod and closed my eyes, drifting off to sleep.