december 21 pt. 2

the general mood for the morning and afternoon has been quiet with lots of tension for some more flavor. mrs. smith gave the day off to both jenna and tyler, so the four of them are stuck in the apartment with no plans of going out. the weather got somehow worse than it was during the early hours of the morning, meaning that they can't really go anywhere unless they want to drive in pretty heavy snow. no coffee shops or chinese food, no spontaneous dates or escapades.

to maintain a balance and avoid being hermits all day long, jenna forced the boys to all get along and spend time with her. that's the only reason why they're now playing a very uneventful game of monoply. they would've played another game, but jenna picked it out. everyone has a few properties, but no hotels yet. no one's even been to jail. "hey, you owe me 100 bucks," jenna tells josh, the property card on her hand as proof of her claim.

"no i don't," josh shakes his head, uninterested in the game aside from wanting to win against brendon, "i never landed on your space."

"you're literally on the property right now. those blue ones are hers," brendon says with a mouthful of cookies jenna baked last night before cleaning the kitchen. they were only at the party for 3 hours or so but she got a lot of things done on her master checklist.

"who's side are you on?" he nudges brendon on his side, an annoyed tone to his voice. he laughs it off shortly after, completely unaware of the fact that tyler didn't like that interaction very much. he doesn't notice how the 16 year old boy practically gives his best friend a death glare as he struggles to count 100 monopoly dollars with only $5 bills.

"there's no sides in capitalism, josh. only the 1% and everyone else," brendon explains after swallowing the cookie pieces without chocking due to laughter.

"that's still sides, you idiot."

the rest of the game keeps being uneventful until jenna manages to get a hotel in every property she owns and leaving brendon in bankruptcy. how did she manage to do that when competing against the child of an actual millionaire who knows business since he was born? your guess is as good as theirs. in all honesty, brendon doesn't care about winning the game. he's never had a taste for lavish lifestyles or hoarding money, which is the very existence of the game in a nutshell. he's happy seeing how josh smiles when he gets rent money from his hotels. he's stuck with being the bank, handing out money and managing the mortgages.

"give it up, just go bankrupt," he comments when tyler doesn't have enough money to pay jenna the rent of one of her hotels, "you don't have enough money for it."

"i do! just... ugh, look, i wanna mortgage these three," tyler says really angrily. he basically throws the small plastic hotels at brendon and doesn't get any happier when he gets his money. he immediately hands it over to jenna.

she smiles and kisses his cheek, "you know that it's just a game. it doesn't mean anything. you're still my favorite boy."

"what about me?" brendon acts all offended at the statement. he's just playing it up for laughs, or at least that's what it seems like to the others.

"c'mon, brendon. look at him, he's too adorable."

he can't help but roll his eyes and fake a short laugh to keep up appearances. ''fine," he mutters, his intentions and moods changing by the second.

josh rolls the dice and goes 4 spaces forward, sadly landing on tyler's property. he groans in utter frustration and gives him the 125 of rent. he barely has any money to survive the death walk he has in front of him, more commonly known as jenna's infinite hotel lineup. ''this game sucks. capitalism sucks. i hate this."

"you're just saying it because you're losing," jenna chuckles with a smug grin on her face.

"so? i know i'm right."

"i never said you were wrong."

„"„

the rest of the game goes pretty much as one would think it would go: jenna wins after getting making josh and tyler bankrupt in that order. she seems to be happy about it, after all, the boys can bond over losing. although no one really wanted to talk about the game after it lasted for more than 3 hours.

tyler decides to make dinner himself, his personal favorite way of making eggs, since jenna always does it. without missing a beat, josh volunteers to help out. any excuse to speak to him in private is more than welcome. while the two spend their time in the kitchen, jenna and brendon talk about the party.

"...i just can't believe he said that to me," brendon talks low so the drama is heard all over the small apartment, "we've fought before but never like this."

"hey, it's going to be okay," jenna puts her hand on brendon's shoulder, her warm and caring touch bringing him back to life, "you guys are best friends. nothing can break you apart."

brendon lets a hopeless breath go, his lungs feeling crushed by an invisible force that prevent him from breathing correctly. it's nothing he hasn't felt before for one reason or another, but it's not a nice thing to feel. "that's what i thought until..." he keeps quiet and throws a quick glance to the 16 year old cracking eggs in the kitchen.

it's needless to say that she knows what he means. "c'mon. friendship can always surpass anything."

"even this?"

without having anything else to say, jenna nods, a graceful smile adorning her face. "even this."

{🌹💌🌹}

semester? ended. finals? done with. grades? received. end result? a 94 this semester.

well, hello there. it's been a while. life sucked for a hot minute, but i'm back!! college consumed me, nonetheless it was worth it. oh, also, i failed nanowrimo :'). on the bright side, i wrote more than i would've without it. i see it as a win. this was a short and semi uneventful chapter, i promise the good stuff will happen soon. trust me !!

it's almost 4 am as i'm finishing this and i gotta wake up at 11 am.

if you tell me that eggs can't be dinner, i will personally hunt you down. jk i don't even really like eggs.

i'll try to publish the days leading up to christmas as they go, pray for my sanity

follow my tumblr pls

happy holidays, y'all ¡

see you v soon

-alaska x

p.s.: i'm a dummy and forgot to dedicate this to talktoemspooky, she's amazing and such a nice person. check her out too uwu