june 25

josh wakes up when the phone rings. he must've forgotten to put it in silent or do not disturb before he fell asleep. he jolts awake and answers the call. "hello?" he mutters in his sleepy voice. god, what time is it?

"daddy? did i wake you up?" nick's voice sounds so innocent. josh is surprised he knows his number, or how to call someone in the first place. kids are learning about technology since such a young age nowadays. maybe ashley taught him the phone number in case of any emergencies.

"no no. i was already awake. what's up?"

"oh. are you going to get ice cream with me and mommy?"

oh fuck. josh totally forgot about that. to be fair, his mind was on more focused on other things. he looks at the time, 10:52 am. he slept for 10 hours?! "yeah. i'll be there. tell your mom to text me the adress, okay?"

there's a pause from nick. the sound of cartoons on the tv is more than clear. "okay. bye, daddy! i love you!"

"i love you too, bud. bye bye." he hangs up and throws his phone back on his nightstand. he feels a shift in the bed and a body pressing against him for warmth. it scares the hell out of him. his mind is a little foggy. he doesn't remember having sex with anyone. when he notices the person's face, he calms down.

it's tyler. oh my god, it's tyler!

tyler is here. not only in ohio but in his arms. the panic starts to set in once the calm before the storm passes. he begins to panic as worried thoughts fill his head. did we have sex? it's odd that he can't remember what happened last night. he wasn't drunk, he barely had one drink. his suspicions can't be true, he would remember if he had sex with the first love of his life.

he moves tyler slowly to wake him up. "ty... ty, wake up," he murmurs in a sweet voice. he kisses his temple and the younger man wakes up, his eyes opening slowly. he looks absolutely ethereal. tyler yawns and shifts so he's facing josh. the t-shirt hangs loose from his shoulders.

"josh? where am i? did we..."

he shakes his head. "i don't think so."

tyler groans in pain. his head hurts like hell. he should've known he'd get a hangover. he drank too much. 6 shots of tequila too many. "fuck..." he complains, the word almost seeming sinful as it comes out of his lips, "why did i drink? i don't even like it."

"i'll get you something for your head," josh kisses his temple again and gets out of the bed. he totally forgot he's only wearing sweatpants. it feels very intimate to be wearing such little clothing around a stranger. tyler isn't a stranger though, but it feels that way after not talking for 4 years. "do you like your eggs scrambled or sunny side up?" he grabs a shirt from his closet, yet another university of cincinnati shirt, and puts it on to make up for the awkwardness.

"you don't have to make me breakfast, josh."

"i want to. i would be an awful host if i didn't feed my visitors. so, scrambled or sunny side up?"

"scrambled." he blushes, his cheeks a beautiful crimson red. his brain has an urge to write something about this beautiful feeling in his chest. he hasn't felt like this in a while. he waits until josh has left the room to grab his phone from his pile of clothes on the desk. it's really true that the makeshift pajamas fit loosely around his thin body. whenever he slept over at awsten's place, which was rare in itself, he always slept in his own pajamas since awsten never offered his. honestly, tyler doesn't blame him; why would anyone want his nasty germs all over their clothes?

he unlocks his phone, there are a few texts from spencer and jenna. he replies to both of his friends, informing them that he's still alive, writes a few words about the feeling on the notes app and goes to the kitchen to join his host. josh is busy with cooking the scrambled eggs, looking absolutely stunning in the morning light. tyler notices a glass of water and a tylenol bottle on the counter. "is that for me?"