Twenty-Seven: The Death Alpha

*Rush*

The Death Pack was finally here. And Rush couldn't hold back his patience. So he dematerialized immediately and appeared along his main entrance where his Beta was already opening the gates for the Death Pack warriors to enter.

The first wolf to enter was the largest. He carried the power of an Alpha, because he was their Alpha. His gaze fell on Rush before his wolf jumped on him, tackling him to the ground. Rush started laughing as Maddox's wolf licked his face and buried its head on his neck, taking in his presence. Maddox and Rush were each other's soulkeepers. They protected each other's souls. Staying apart for so long could drive them insane just worrying about the other.

"It's nice to see you too," Rush whispered, pulling the black wolf tightly against him. He missed Maddox, and he finally realized how much it hurt to not see his brother by soul for over a half year. It felt like he was in pieces.

Maddox shifted back into his human body. His skin was more olive, his eyes completely black, and his stubble present around his jaw that gave him a more wilder, harsher appearance than Rush. Rumors about him being ruthless, about how any little thing ticked him off...well, he sure looked the part of an evil motherfucker. And some rumors weren't exactly a lie either. Maddox did kill. He was the Alpha of the Death Pack. He gave wolves their death sentences. He was one of the more brutal Alphas in existence, especially because he lived in the Darklands for so long. The Darklands were corrupted, and to survive, one must turn just as corrupt.

Maddox finally pulled away and slammed his fist on Rush's stomach. "You little fucker. Not even one fucking visit in the last six months? What the hell?"

Rush groaned, rubbing his stomach. "What, you thought I forgot about you? You know you're always on my mind, love." Then a devilish smirk.

"Don't flirt with me, you vulgar motherfucker," said Maddox. "You have hell to pay."

Rush raised his hands up. "Now now, is that any way to treat your brother by soul?"

"Maybe not," Maddox said with a devil-may-care grin. "But I'm the Death Alpha. You can't blame me for giving you fitting punishment."

"You give death sentences, not just punishments," Rush pointed out.

Maddox chuckled. "That's why it's fun with you. No matter my death sentence, you can't die."

"Enough with the death threats," said the Luna of the Death Pack as she shifted back from her white wolf. She was originally from the Lunar Pack, hence her silvery white fur. Now she was in the body of an immortal deity, with long silver hair and pale skin. She had hard muscle like any female warrior and her black eyes were set on Rush. Her voice softened. "Rushika."

A bittersweet feeling washed over him, but he forced a smile. "Bella."

They called her many names. She was widely known as The Storm for her vengeful nature. In her former life, she'd been known as Isabelle, the Beta of the Lunar Pack. But then she'd died and become an immortal moon spirit, a deity that had reincarnated to something very powerful and superior. Now she called herself Iyla. But Rush would always know her as Bella, because he met her in her old life as Isabelle before she was brutally murdered.

"You didn't bring your son," Rush observed. She had given birth a half year ago to the future Alpha of the Death Pack, and Rush had seen him once. The boy had looked like his father, all except the hair that was as silver like his mother's.

Iyla scoffed. "There was no way in hell I was bringing him close to that psychotic vampire bitch. So I left him with our Beta. Jasper and Jaeden loves him." His female warriors rushed toward her and gave her a robe to cover herself. "Anyway, we've heard you found your mate," she began excitedly. Her pearly teeth flashed as a smile spread on her lips. "The promise the Goddess made with me, it's about fucking time it happened! I just can't wait to meet her. You deserve this the most."