Chapter 1

Lilly was taken to the biggest house she had ever seen. The three men exited the car and ushered Lilly through the front door. She gasped as she entered into the massive foyer; she had never seen such extravagance.

Lilly's attention was then directed to a beautiful but older lady walking down the stairs

Lilly's attention was then directed to a beautiful but older lady walking down the stairs. She had a sweet calm voice. "Who is this Carmine?" She strutted up to the group, looked down to Lilly with a warm smile. "Hello dear, and what is your name?" Lilly looked down in fear, but continued to listen to the nice lady. "I've got some hot cookies in the kitchen if you would like to come with me." She offered Lilly her delicate hand.
Just as Lilly was about to accept it, she held back when she heard Carmines deep voice," Listen Mrs. Desserio, with all do respect." Carmine stopped in mid sentence when Mrs. Desserio cocked her eyebrow at him.

Carmine was silent. She was amused, "You were saying?"

Carmine looked down as he cleared his throat, "Nothing ma'am."

Lilly slowly glanced up to Mrs Desserio as she offered her hand, "Come on sweetheart." Lilly lightly grasped the sweet ladies hand and took in her new surroundings as they walked. She was even more surprised when she saw the massive kitchen.

Mrs

Mrs. Desserio lifted Lilly on one of the bar stools, "There ya go. Would you like some milk with your cookies?" Lilly eagerly nodded. Mrs. Desserio chuckled at her reaction. Lilly felt as though her eyes were going to pop out of her head with the sight of a full plate of cookies that Mrs. Desserio placed in front of her.

She began to scarf the cookies down as fast as she could until she heard another kids voice. "Hey piggy! Save some for us!" Lilly stopped and turned to the voice. Standing in the doorway were two boys; one looked to be sixteen and the other twelve.

Mrs. Desserio gasped at her sons remark, "Allen Desserio! Say you're sorry this instant!"

Allen glared at little Lilly and sneared with his response, "So sorry."

Lilly placed the cookie down on the counter, she hung her head as she spoke, " Thank you for the cookies, but I would really like to go home now please."

Mrs. Desserio was about to object but was interrupted buy her oldest son, "Sure scamp, I'll show you out." 

She turned her cold gaze to her son and  was interrupted again by Carmine, "The boss wants to see the girl."

Lilly jumped down from the bar stool and followed Carmine. Mrs. Desserio turned and rushed to her cruel son. She reared her hand up and struck the side of his face with the back of it. Allen's chest was heaving with anger, "Look at me Allen." He slowly turned his young handsome face to his mother. He could see she was almost in tears. "I did not raise you to be so disrespectful to the less fortunate. Especially a girl. Do you have any idea why she is here?"

Allen looked pass his mother, "I don't give a shit. Ma'am."

Mrs. Desserio turned away and held her hand to her stomach, "Get out of my sight."

Allen stepped towards her with a concerned look, "Mother?"

Mrs. Desserio screamed as she turned to her son, "Get out of my sight!"

Allen stormed out of the kitchen and up to his room. He slammed his body against his bed and huffed . "This is all her fault. If she had some manners I wouldn't have corrected her. Stupid girl. I hope you're gone by morning."