iv

I had just logged on to Tumblr for the first time all day when I saw a message in my inbox. Quickly I opened it, my eyes scanning over the words and my heart hammering in my chest.

jungkookie: tae
jungkookie: taehyung
jungkookie: i'm really upset can we call or something
jungkookie: please

cupoftae: yes shit of course
cupoftae: my number is xxx-xxx-xxx

Only a few moments later, my phone started buzzing wildly. I internally panicked when I saw it was a Facetime call. Looking over at my mirror, I gave my sweaty hair, rumpled shirt and sweats a sigh before answering. Jungkook's needs right now were more important than how I looked.

When the call connected, the first thing I saw was Jungkook hugging a bear to his chest and tears streaming down his face. "T-Tae..." he choked out between sobs. My heart broke at the sight.

"Baby, what's wrong?" The nickname slipped out before I could stop it, but I didn't even have time to scream at myself for that.

He let go of the bear for a second to wipe at his eyes, and clear his throat. "T-Today in maths, we had a substitute, a-and usually my teachers call me Jungkook b-but this teacher refused and he called my by my birth name and it was r-really embarrassing..." he explained, blinking his teary eyes at me.

My heart sank. Nobody deserved to be disrespected like that. "Fuck, Kookie, I don't know what to say. What happened, though? Did you sit through the lesson?"

He shook his head. "No, Yugyeomie left with me. He told the teacher I didn't feel good and just walked out. We went to the park and he stayed with me t-till I decided to come home."

I only half heard what he said because the entire time he was speaking I was lost in his voice: it was light and slightly high, probably because he didn't take blockers or any hormones. But it was beautiful, and sounded like music to my ears. I would gladly sit and listen to him read a dictionary out loud just to hear his voice.

"Taehyungie?"

I shook my head, blinking. "Ahh, sorry, I was just thinking. Who's Yugyeomie?"

Jungkook blushed. "It's Yugyeom. He's my only friend besides Jimin."

"Who's Jimin?"

Jungkook managed a small smile, his lips curving but staying closed. "My best friend who's actually your age, he used to go to my school but now is studying to be a teacher so he is a student teacher there."

I nodded, taking in this information. I wanted to know everything about Jungkook, not just the little bits he posted on Tumblr. I wanted to be there for him when he needed somebody, and even when he didn't.

"You know, if I had been there, I would have fucking decked the asshole right in the face," I told him.

Jungkook giggled. "Don't swear, TaeTae."

I grinned at him, my heart soaring at the nickname. As we chatted further, I couldn't help but stare at the wonder on my phone screen. I adored how soft his dark brown locks of hair fell onto his forehead, I got lost in his big brown eyes, I wanted to trace my fingertips over his honey coloured skin.

Fuck, I was in love with Jungkook.