Chapter 2

Lilly held her breath as she entered a huge study. She listened as Carmine spoke to the new stranger, "Here is the girl boss."

Lilly slowly looked up to the handsome figure as he spoke, "Lilly? Is that your name?" Lilly looked down as she nodded. The gentlemen continued, "Your mother, she owes me a lot of money." Lilly remained silent. "Who's your father?"

Lilly choked out her answer, "Simon Luciano sir."

The gentleman turned his gaze to Carmine then back to Lilly, "If that's true, why do you not share his last name?"

Lilly shook her head, "My mom said that since they were not married, I couldn't have his name."

The gentleman smirked, "What should I do with you?"

Lilly's little head jerked up to meet his eyes, "Please take me home sir. I.. I have to take care of my mother you see? She's very sick."

The man's smirk slowly disappeared and his face showed sympathy. "Lilly, I can't. After Carmine brought you here, your mother passed away. She OD'ed. "

Lilly had tears pulling in her big eyes as she shook her head, "You lie!"

The gentleman sympathetically shook his head, "No Lilly. I'm sorry but it's true." Lilly slumped to the floor as she sat on her knees while she cried. She felt a million miles away, but could still hear the men talking in the background.
"So Boss, whatcha want me to do with her?"

"Take her to children's services. They can take over from there."

As soon as the words left the mob boss's mouth, the men turned their attention to the voice in the doorway, "She's not going anywhere." The men were stunned to see Mrs. Desserio walking towards them.

The Boss spoke up, "Vivian, this does not concern you."

Vivian crossed her arms across her chest, "Marcus, anything that happens under this roof is my territory, remember?"

Marcus strolled away as he ran his hand through his thick hair. "She's not a pet Vivian! It's not like finding a stray off the street. Plus she is Luciano's daughter." He turned back to his wife.

Vivian strolled up to her husband and place her hands on both of his arms, "Well then, I would say that's the best payment you could get, don't you?"
Marcus slightly tilted his head away as he pondered where his wife was going with the conversation. Vivian leaned into his ear and whispered,"Keep her and we shall raise her as a Desserio, what better revenge and leverage could there be?" She leaned away with a smirk.

Marcus was shocked by his sweet wife's calculation. "So be it."