Chapter 1: One More Time

As a bright light enveloped my sight, memories of another life -a previous life- flashed before my eyes. So much information poured into my little six-year-old brain that it sent me reeling, almost like a bolt of lightning through my head. I'm not sure how long it took me to process all of that, but judging by the slow and loud ticking sound, what felt like hours was most likely only a few seconds.

Blinking whilst trying to keep my footing, I fought off a wave of nausea.

I, Velloa Imitheos, child of Ahkua and Hakoda Imitheos, am in the world of Gaea. Therefore, if my so-called 'memories' are true, this is the setting of the otome game 'Hera: Captured Hearts' and I am the villainess of the game. However, judging by what I was just told by my Father, it looks like I will also be taking on the role of one of the love interests.

I was in the middle of my magic elemental test. The bright light earlier was the glow of the crystal ball in which my hand was currently resting upon. Within the crystal ball, I saw a glowing sapphire-coloured liquid mixed with what looked like glittering black sand inside the magical device. I tilted my head up to look into the deep cerulean eyes of the scholarly-like person standing before me. Huh, so this is my Father. I think I inherited those eyes...

He gave me a placid smile as he looked from the crystal ball to me, then knelt to my height, allowing me to see the crystal better. Fascinated, my eyes widened at the sight of the blue and black 'things' move about in the crystal ball.

He pointed to the glowing sapphire liquid. "This blue light means that you have an affinity to the element of water just like the rest of us in our family." Pausing, he then pointed to the glittering black sand. "And this means that you also have an affinity to the darkness attribute."

From behind, a beautiful figure, who had previously been waiting patiently, stepped forward. And this is Mother... Looking at a certain area of her upper body, I internally joked. By all means, please let that chest be hereditary! "Velloa, you have a great amount of mana." Pushing her azure-lilac hair behind an ear, she spoke further. "You also have an affinity with the rare darkness affinity, however, having an affinity to two elements is even rarer." She reached out to hug me. "My child... You have so much potential." Squishy.

However, it would seem that there was more to come. Currently, my parents and I were standing near the entrance of the room. The door, with its dark steely frame, was just the first of many things in which contributed to the place's enigmatic atmosphere. The rest of the room was covered by onyx blackout curtains which surrounded the door in a semi-circle. Our only source of light were these mystifying glowing rune-like things on the slate floor.

Father handed the crystal ball to Mother then took my hand and led me closer to the curtains. "Velloa, do you remember what I told you earlier about the mark you were born with?" I nodded. "Good, then follow me."

The 'mark' he was referring to was the one located in the midst of my chest. It's quite hard to describe, but this shape looks familiar. Did I perhaps see it in my past life?

 Did I perhaps see it in my past life?