IMAGINE: Kili saving you after you've been kidnapped

Kili and you walk through the forest, hand in hand. "I can't believe we're getting married in three days." You sigh happily.

     Kili tugs you close to him and kisses your temple. "It can't come soon enough." He murmurs into your hair. You smile up at him, your face glowing. He smiles back and gently kisses you. "We better get back before the sun is down." He says.

     You sigh, not so happily this time. You wrap both of your arms around him. "Just a few more minutes. I want to treasure this alone time together." You say, resting your head on his chest.

     He laughs softly. "We'll have a lot more alone time together once we're married."

     "Mm, I can't wait." You whisper.

     Kili holds you tighter. "Maybe we should just elope."

     "Stop." You laugh, looking up at him. Then you frown, thinking. "Actually, that's not a bad idea." You state. Kili grins. His grin drops a second later when you both hear branches snapping. He holds you in his arms protectively, alert.

     "What was that?" You whisper. He doesn't say anything. "Could it be Orcs? Out this far?" You ask, almost in disbelief.

     "I'm not sure." He answers, his eyes searching the forest. "You stay here, I'm going to go check it out."

      "Kili, I don't know if that's—" You start to say.

      He hands you a dagger. "Take this. You'll be okay." He offers you a smile. "I'll be right back." He kisses your forehead and then runs off into the forest.

      "Kili, wait—" You start. He's gone. You sigh deeply and shake your head. "Great." You mutter.

---

     You lean up against a tree, waiting for Kili to get back. You toss the dagger in your hand, bored. Suddenly you stand up straight when you hear branches moving. You quickly search through the forest. The sun is down, making it hard to see.

     "Kili, is that you?" You ask worriedly. There's no answer. You clutch your knife, your heart pounding, and step away from the tree.

     Suddenly someone grabs you. You scream, but it's quickly muffled by the man's hand covering your mouth. Your eyes widen and you struggle against their hold. Another figure comes and wrenches the knife out of your hands.

      "I don't think so." She breathes, before tying your hands tightly together with rope. You cry out. You start stamping your feet around, wanting to hit the man holding you.

     "The little brat is trying to kick me." He hisses to his woman friend.

     "Hold her still, I'll tie her feet up." The woman replies. She grabs your one leg but you try to kick her with the other.

     "Look, if you don't stop kicking, I'll cut your foot off with your knife." The man snaps. You freeze, your eyes wide. "That's a good Dwarf." He purrs. You glare at him. "This one has fire. I can see why the Dwarf prince chose her." He says.

     "He'll pay a pretty price to get her back." The woman cackles as they drag you away.

     A while later they toss you to the ground right in front of a stream. "Refill the wineskins and let's get moving. Once her prince realizes she's missing, he'll send the whole army after us." The man states. You angrily yell at him through your gag. "Oh, be quiet, darling. This will all be over soon. Once we have the money for your ransom." He says. You growl at him and he laughs.

     "Speaking of ransom, we'd better write that note." The woman states.

     "We will, we will. I first want to get a little farther away from this place." The man assuages.

     "Oh, no. You're not going anywhere. Not with my Dwarf." A voice says from within the forest. Your eyes widen and you let out a yell that sounds like "Kili!"

     The man whirls around and grabs your dagger. "It's that blasted Dwarf. He's found us!" He hisses.

     "Of course I found you. You took the most important thing from me. I wasn't going to rest until I found you and made you pay." Kili says angrily. You can't see him in the darkness but you know he's there. "I've done the first part. Now it's time for the last." He states. The man and the woman glance at each other in fear. An arrow sails through air and hits the tree right next to the woman. She screams and drops to the ground, her hands covering her head.

     "All right, show yourself!" The man demands, holding your dagger up.

     Kili laughs. "Do you really think I'm that stupid?" He asks. If you didn't know Kili, you'd actually be scared of him. He's like a wolf stalking its prey. "Besides, what is that little butter knife going to do? It's not a real weapon." Kili mocks. You smile as much as you can with the gag. Kili shoots the dagger out of the man's hands.

     He cries out and drops to his knees, his hands up in surrender. "We surrender. We surrender." He whimpers.

     "That's what I thought." Kili replies, before stepping out of the forest. He quickly ties the man and woman up, and then hurries over to you. He rips the gag out of your mouth.

     "Oh, Kili." You breathe.

    "Did they hurt you?" He asks worriedly.

     You shake your head as he unbinds you. "Not really." You answer. Once you're free of your bonds, Kili and you hug each for a long moment.

     "When I came back to get you, you were gone. I panicked. I found tracks in the mud and figured something happened. I followed the tracks here." He explains.

     "I was trying to be as loud as possible. I was purposely breaking branches. I knew you were going to have to track me." You admit.

      Kili smiles and cups your face. "Look at you, Y/N. I'm proud of you. You made it a lot easier to find you." He murmurs.

     "Thank you for finding me and saving me. They were going to use me to get ransom money." You tell him.

     "I was not going to let that happen to you, Y/N. Over my dead body. Nobody is going take you. The only person that is going to take you is me." He smiles. You kiss Kili for a long moment.

      "So what are we going to do with them?" You ask, nodding to your kidnappers.

     "We take them home with us and put them in jail after we hear all they have to say."

     "The Dwarves will be surprised. We go into the forest to have some alone time and then we come back with two people." You laugh softly.

     Kili grins. "I think we'll need a rain check on that alone time."
[THE END] I hope you liked it!