Chapter XXIII

As I was driving on the way home, I still can't forget about what happened earlier. I don't even know what to react about what Ethan told me at the same time, I'm still quite confused about it. It seems a bit too unreal.

Probably, he's just pranking me or testing me? But, that's not the case. If he did, he should've pulled a "You just got pranked"card like he usually does or maybe tell me at the end of our conversation.

But, based on my observations, he doesn't look like he was about to prank me. He looks really serious about it and the weird part is that he's not devastated about it. Maybe he's been planning to do it for such a long time but then it just happened.

~ Earlier ~

I walked inside the coffee shop and saw Ethan sitting already on a chair near by the fire place of this coffee shop, the best spot there is. He was sipping his Iced Coffee in silence, I then decided to walk towards him.

He then looks up and realizes that my presence has already appeared. He then stood up from his chair and went to hug me and I hugged him back. We both decided to sit down and he already ordered me an Iced Caramel Macchiato, my favorite.

I then took a sip on my own and looked into his eyes and all he did was look back at me with a smile on his face. I stopped sipping and decided to break the ice first.

"What is it that you want to tell me?" I asked him, he then stops gazing at me and tries to shake his head to come back in reality as if he just got lost for a minute while looking at me because of how ugly I am.

"Me and Alissa broke up," He said making me want to spit my drink. I just sat there and blinked my eyes in silence, he doesn't look sad about it.

"Oh, so that's her name," 

He then chuckles and I gave him a weird look and asked, "You're laughing because you broke up?" He then shakes his head in reply to say no, he sips from the straw and gulped down the drink and looked at me.

"That's not the point. Well, actually... I've been planning to break up with her for the past few weeks now and I have no confidence to break up with her because I don't want to hurt her feelings."

Ethan is the most gentle, nicest and gorgeous person I know that ever existed in this world. I'm so thankful that he is my best friend. He cares so much about what people feel around him and I honor him for that.

"Well, that sucks. Honestly, I don't know what to say. I'm out of words but all I want to say is, I'll be here for you no matter what, okay?" I said to him, he then smiled at me warmly and nods his head.

***

I decided to stay outside longer so, I didn't go home, for now. I drove to the nearest 24-hour Walmart and bought myself something to drink and eat. I then gave it to the Cashier and he swiped the food's barcode on the machine.

I can't help but be bored by just waiting for all of my things to be paid. I then turned around and my eyes widen when I saw Cayden with a couple of beers in his basket. I gave him a weird look, he then notices my presence and smirks.

"What brings you here at this hour?" He asks me, I then eye him and the beers in his basket. 

"Nothing just wanted to buy something," I lied, he then rolled his eyes at me. He then gave me a serious look which I just blinked my eyes at.

"Be honest," He said as he eyes me deadly, I was about to speak but the Cashier coughed loudly, making me look at him and he gave me this annoyed look.