58. Thank you.

Is this a legendary update?

Yes it is!

-

Dick stared at Wally, his mind in chaos. Somehow, even though all he wanted was some attention, he managed to knock out his friend. The thirteen year old frowned, wiping away what was left of his tears. I shouldn't have told him. The bird scolded himself, his nails piercing into his palm as he clenched his fist and shook his head. I don't know what's wrong with me.

With some effort he got Wally standing, his arm draped across his friend's shoulders as he staggered towards the door. At this point all Dick wanted to do was hide, but right now he was a guest in someone's house and leaving their son unconscious on the cold kitchen floor didn't seem like proper manners.

"Dick, your room is ready!" Wally's mom bellowed from the top of the stairs, just as the bird was dragging his friend out of the kitchen

Dick froze, Wally slipping out of his hands in shock as he shouted back. "Thank you, Mrs W... Mary!"

Well. He frowned, staring at his friend on the the floor. I'm sure he won't mind a concussion or two.

"It's my pleasure, dear." Mrs West replied, her retreating footsteps sending relief flowing through the young Grayson.

"Okay son, I'll be in my room if you need anything!" She said again, this time the message was intended for Wally.

Dick shut his eyes, thinking of a reply and trying to imitate Wally's voice. Eyes sparkling with ingenuity, he slapped his hand over his mouth, his words muffled as he shouted, "Okay."

"Don't stuff yourself too much, leave space for dinner!"

Another muffled reply from him and Dick sighed in relief, thankful that the conversation was over as he dragged his best friend to the beginning of the stairs, wondering how he, a sick thirteen year old boy, would get Wally, a fat humongous monster, up a freaking flight of stairs.

Dick started thinking.

-=-

"Ugh," Wally groaned as he woke up. The first thing he noticed was that his head was pounding, the second was that he was on a bed. Immediately he shot up, only to be met by a wave up dizziness.

"What?" The sixteen year old blinked back his swimming vision, the world a vibrant shade of dark green and black, with little white dots floating about.

"You shouldn't be moving so much," an amused voice passed by his ears, and a hand pressed down against his shoulder, pushing him against the bed. "You might pass out again."

As Wally's back hit the cool material behind, he shut his eyes, his hands trembling slightly as he took a deep breath. "Dick?"

"Yeah." Came the breathless reply of the boy. "What is it?"

"Are you really going to die?"

There was a pause before the blue-eyed boy answered, an it made Wally turn to him, forest green eyes glimmering with sadness. "If Bruce gets the cure... I won't."

The freckled teen looked away. "Who else knows?"

"Roy... The entire justice league." Dick pulled his his knees to his chest and glared at the floor.

"So, none of the team know." Wally said, reigning in his anger as he looked into his friend's shimmering eyes, only one sentence running through his mind as he did. Roy knew and didn't tell me... How could he?

The thirteen year old shook his head. "They don't... It's better that way if I really..." A light sob left his lips, cutting the sentence short.

"Hey!" Wally sat up again despite the pounding in his head, and grabbed his best friend by the arm. "You're not dying... I won't allow it!"

Dick stared at his brother with wide eyes. "But you can't do anything to change it."

"Too many need you to live, you can't die... I need you, I won't let you go." Wally grabbed the boy's chin and glared into those bright sapphire eyes. "So don't you dare go around giving up on yourself."

The thirteen year old didn't move, dazed and in shock when Wally pulled him into a hug, the warmth hitting him right in his heart.

"If Bruce can't save you, I will." He said firmly. "I know he won't stop trying, and neither will I or Roy, okay Dick?"

"So don't worry... You don't need to cry... He just wanted to protect you." Wally started, not knowing that Dick was already crying.

"Wally I..."

"We're brothers, aren't we?"

"Thank you."

-