Chapter Twenty-Two

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

With Minerva's approval, Milo found himself in a much better mood with the passing days as it was agreed upon that Cedric would be able to spend the holidays with them in Hogsmeade. Cedric seemed equally happy, not having to spend time in the castle pretty much by himself and at the chance where he could spend time with Milo, without Heidi or Max interfering. Poor Cedric, he couldn't deny it anymore internally, but Heidi was right. There was something going between him and Milo, however, what Heidi failed to recognise was that it was all one-sided for the time being. Milo was too focused on his classes of Care of Magical Creatures and Ancient Runes, too busy rambling about the ideal conditions to raise a demiguise, and just oblivious to the fact that one of his best friends was seeing him in a different light.

For that, Cedric was thankful because it was one of the most conflicting moments of his life. He and Milo had been friends before that and there had never been any thought of those feelings emerging, but it had suddenly crept on Cedric when Milo stayed over during the summer. When Milo suggested that it was due to the mere fact that he was handsome during their practice and how readily Cedric agreed. It had been no accident, except to blurt it out so quickly. Luckily, Milo didn't seem all that bothered by it but Cedric didn't know why. Was it simply because he thought Cedric was joking along or was it because he didn't have any desire to see it going any further beyond friendship?

The older boy decided to test the waters, calling Milo 'handsome' with every possible chance and Milo never seemed bothered by it, so there was hope. The boy still seemed comfortable in Cedric's presence as he seemed to make plans to hang out with him. But that wasn't even the most conflicting part of the matter in Cedric's head. Milo was a boy and he was a boy, was it even right for him to be feeling this way? It had been no mistake that his father had sent him the issue of Broomin' Babes, with the thought that Cedric could appreciate some fine looking witches posing with brooms. Perhaps something that Amo's father had done for him when he was a boy. Amos had gone on to pursue a relationship with Anne, a woman, and then they had Cedric. 

Man and woman, there was no denying that it was the clear majority of relationships that Cedric had come to witness over the years. But there he was thinking the complete opposite of it all. He hung out with plenty of girls, but his mind kept trailing back to Milo. At first, he thought it was a mistake, perhaps he was just confused because the two were spending more time together. However, it just seemed to grow with passing time, every time he saw Milo walking over towards him, his heart skipped a beat and he would feel washed over with warmth. He would internally use adjectives like adorable and cute to describe everything about Milo and every time that Milo was upset, he wanted to be the one to comfort him first. 

He didn't think that Milo understood that and obviously the timing wasn't right and maybe it would never be right. There was a possible chance, at least in Cedric's head, that his crush would surely pass and everything would go back to normal. Eventually, he would find a pretty girl to drool over instead and no one would ever know about those feelings. There were moments where Cedric thought that he was being silly and it was nothing more than the two of them bonding, but as soon as Milo smiled at him or their skin brushed against one another in passing, Cedric was rendered into nothing more than puddled mess.