Chapter 17: Releases and Celebrations

*time skip to Eliza being released from the hospital 2 weeks later brought to you by lazy author*
WARNING: There is smut in this chapter! It'll be in Angelica's POV. You've been warned!

- THOMAS' POV -
"Alex, love, wake up! Big day!" It's a Saturday. But not just any Saturday, no. Eliza's released from the hospital today. Alex and I have been going to classes and we're back into the swing of things. He's getting better.

"Ughhhh." He groans and covers his head with the blankets.

"I'm still tiiiiiired!" He says as I yank the covers off him.

"Eliza gets released from the hospital today!" I say, and laugh as he shoots out of bed. When we first started dating, I was jealous of Eliza. Even though we both had SoulMates, I was nervous she would take Alex away from me. But after these past few weeks, Eliza has come close to becoming what she is for Alex, to me. Like a sister. I'm happy. I wait for Alex to get dressed, and I make us coffee in our small kitchen. Alex walks out as I pour the coffee into travel mugs. We get in my car with the mugs and start driving.

When we pull into the parking lot, I see our whole group of friends waiting there for us.

"Ready?" Angie asks, grinning bright. We're all super excited to see Eliza longer than a half hour. Even though Alex has therapy later, it's only 10am, so we have a while to really catch up with her.

We walk into the hospital and head to Eliza's room. She's standing there, duffel bag in hand, wearing sweatpants, a blue t shirt, and a smile on her face. Alex sprints to her and squeezes her in a hug. She wasn't allowed on her feet until her sprains were healed. I hear them both crying of happiness. They're rocking back and a forth while hugging. When they pull apart, Angelica and Peggy come over and do the same, and it goes through our whole group until it's my turn.

"Thomas." She says with a smile, opening her arms wide and smiling, tears still streaming down her face.

"Eliza, darling. It's so great to see you back to normal." I smile and feel tears in my eyes as well. We pull apart and smile again. All of us take the elevator so Eliza won't have to walk down tons of stairs. We sign her out at the front desk and the woman their bids us goodbye.

"So, Liza, what do ya wanna do first?" I hear Peggy ask.

"Well, I wanna take a shower in my own bathroom and change my clothes." She giggles. I sling my arm around her happily.

"Can do, Eliza, can do. Hungry?" I say.

"Starving. Hospital food is nasty after 2 weeks." She tells us.

We walk to a restaurant for brunch and get a delicious meal. Eventually, our groups all split up to our separate dorms so Eliza can get back into things, just like Alex did.

"Love, its 1. We have to leave in half an hour." I say, walking into the living room to see Alex napping on the couch, burritoed up in a blue blanket. I smile and kiss his nose gently and set an alarm on his phone so he can get ready. I go into the bathroom to do my hair. I take my cream and scrub it through my hair to make it poofy. I fluff it with my fingertips until I'm finally happy with the results. My hair is important to me. It's fun to do. When I'm finished with that, I brush my teeth and grab my phone and wallet, and decide to text Angie, Eliza, and Peggy while I wait for Alex to wake up. He has about 10 minutes before he has to get ready.

ThomasJeff: hey guys!! How's everything going?
WomenInTheSequel: Thomas, we literally saw you an hour ago. We're fine lol
ElizaWatchingItBurn: we're good Thomas, thanks <3 how bout you?
PeglegSchuyler: heyyy Thomas what's up? We're all good here!! As my sisters beat me to it lol
ThomasJeff: I'm good. Alex is sleeping on the couch before we have to leave. Its pretty adorable.
* ThomasJeff has attached a picture*
ElizaWatchingItBurn: aww. He needs his rest. How's therapy going?
ThomasJeff: very good. He's getting better I think. It's helping him.
PeglegSchuyler: thats great!! Tell him I said hi. Gtg, meeting John! Ly guys <3
WomenInTheSequel: bye Peg!! Have fun ;)
ThomasJeff: yeah Peggy ;))
PeglegSchuyler: y'all are crazy. Bye!
*PegLegSchuyler has left the chat*
WomenInTheSequel: I'm going to go too, food shopping. Betsey, you coming?
ElizaWatchingItBurn: nah, I'm staying home. But get Oreos, spaghetti and tacos!
WomenInTheSequel: k bye guys
ThomasJeff: bye
*WomenInTheSequel has left the chat*
ElizaWatchingItBurn: guess it's just you and me, Jefferson lol
ThomasJeff: yep. You sure you don't need anything?
ElizaWatchingItBurn: nah, I'm good. I'm going to sleep though, so I'm leaving too, sorry. Tell Alex I said hi and I love you guys!
ThomasJeff: ok!! Rest up. Love you too <3
*ElizaWatchingItBurn has left the chat*
*ThomasJeff has left the chat*