Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Shannon's P.O.V:

I couldn't believe how fast my first week had gone. Classes had practically flown by and I loved all of them, though my favourite was definitely Ms. Martin's painting class.

I'd spent most of my time with Natalie, though I'd made a couple of other friends, I wasn't as close to them as I was to Natalie.

She reminded me of the friends I'd left in Ireland and although I missed them - a lot - having Natalie around was like having a piece of home with me and I really needed that.

I talked to my friends most days by Facebook and E-mail and I called home every couple of days to check in.

What was keeping me going was the fact that I'd be able to see everyone when I went home at Christmas - I had it marked on my calendar and everything.

Today, to celebrate the fact that it was Friday and the end of our first week, Natalie was taking me out to dinner later tonight to meet the friends I hadn't been able to meet that day after class.

Unsurprisingly, I was nervous.

I chewed my bottom lip as I opened the front door to the apartment, thinking about what I was going to wear - a very big decision.

I had to make a good first impression after all.

As I was brainstorming, I was practically flattened against the doorframe as my charming roommate - note the sarcasm - pushed past me and out the door...in silence I might add.

Nick and I still hadn't talked since our fight on Monday, but there was no way in hell that I was going to apologise first.

Obviously I'd made a mistake but I hadn't known any better and I had apologised, he was the one that had blown everything entirely out of proportion.

Every now and again, I'd feel his gaze on me and when I'd turn around he'd open his mouth as if he was about to say something, he'd then shake his head and go back to whatever he was doing. It was infuriating.

I was still muttering about how typical boys are when I jumped into the shower.

Natalie had told me to dress casually but nice. I decided on skinny jeans, a plain white top with a big black belt around my waist with my much-loved leather jacket over it because it was still chilly outside, especially when it got dark. I did smoky eyes, threw on some chap stick and I was ready to go.

I grabbed my stuff and headed out the door, locking it behind me.

I was nervous as I walked across the campus towards the main gates where I'd agreed to meet Natalie. We were going to walk together to the restaurant where her friends were going to meet us.

As we walked, Nat babbled happily about how nice the restaurant was and how the food was "Delish!" Though to be honest, I wasn't really listening - I was too busy freaking out.

Natalie had been very vague on details but I'd gathered that there was a girl named Emma and two guys - Robbie and Lee.

I could feel my palms beginning to sweat; I'd never been good at meeting new people.

Now don't get me wrong, I wasn't shy at all around my friends but it took me some time to get over the awkwardness of first meeting someone.