Shattered

**A/N**

This chapter is a bit sad. Not really feelz. I felt like adding this song cuz why not. Maybe it'll set the mood. I'll have this chapter in 2 perspectives. :D I feel like my stomach is melting...

(And now my internet turned to shit. Triggered.)

** Ok now I'm typing 2 days later, sorry I took a break 😂**

* * *

Marks P.O.V

If I looked closely at my life... my friends, family, relationships...
There were only two people I really cared about.
My mom and Jack.
I had no other friends, Jack was the only one.

Everybody body else in the school were just people to me. They didn't matter. They only talked to me to insult me or beat me up. Even my father. Jack was different. He was there for me when nobody else was. He talked to me every day and the smile on his face would make me shudder. I could get lost in his eyes all day. He had my back and I knew he wouldn't do anything to hurt me on purpose. He chose to suffer along with me by being my friend than join the crowd and help torment me. And he was adorable.

I loved him with every fiber of my being.

If I told him that, though, he would probably feel awkward enough to not speak with me anymore, so I hid my feelings. Could he ever love me?

That question echoed around my head as I looked out the window in class. I'm one stay surprised I'm not flunking. I looked at the front of the room, seeing Jack's green hair out of the corner of my eye. I looked over at him even though my better judgement told me not to. He wasn't looking at me. I raised an eyebrow.

What was he l-

Some blonde girl was looking at him. Mouthing something. She sat to the side of him and a few desks ahead. I racked my brain trying to put a name to her face. I knew everyone even if I didn't talk to them.

It was on the tip of my tongue.

Rae...? Rae... Rachel. Rachel. Her name was Rachel.

Suddenly she winked at him. I felt myself go stiff. It was just a wink, yet I felt my stomach drop. Was she flirting with him? I quickly turned back to the window. He was gay, it didn't matter, right?

* * *

Lunch time came. I had 4th period History with Mr. Tenalds. He was probably the best teacher anybody could have. He didn't judge me for being Bisexual. He explained things to me if I didn't understand. He was just a good teacher.

I put my books away and started headed towards Jack's locker. We usually met up and walked to lunch. I rounded the corner and froze. The blood drained from my face and tears threatened to fall from the corners of my eyes. Jack was with Rachel.

And... they were kissing. Jack suddenly looked up at me with wide eyes.

Before I could see anything else, I turned heel and ran.

"Mark!!" I heard Jack yell. I ignored it. I wasn't going to lunch, I wouldn't let anyone see me. I wouldn't stay in the school because Jack would come find me. I ran towards the back doors, going down the sidewalk, refusing to look at Jack's car. I walked around the corner and down the street. Once I was out of view from the school, I felt the tears I'd been holding come pouring out.

Jack and her kissed. He fucking lied to me about being gay. My only friend. What else had he lied about? Was this all some sick joke? Becoming my friend to fucking break my heart in the end?

I continued down the sidewalk and wiped my eyes with my sleeve.

I couldn't go home. Not now. My mom was at work and my father was the only one home. There was no way I was going there. I won't go to Jack's house. That would be dumb. I wouldn't even look at it when I walked by. The park? The park... maybe. Even if Jack went there later it wouldn't be for a few more hours, right?