Chapter 21 - Edited Once

Amazing cover made by StaryMoonstone .Thanks ♡

It had been two days since the sleepover with Lilly, and we were finally invited to Owen's concert. He would perform in a big auditorium with no cellphones or cameras allowed, and he sold out in a short time. I knew he had a beautiful voice, but I did not realize he was well-known. These guys were too good for their own good. The power of New York is scary.

I was putting on mascara, a little foundation, and lipstick, almost the same color as my lips. I decided to wear ripped black jeans on the knees and a white shirt that said: If only sarcasm burned calories. Then, I wore a black denim jacket with white Nikes and was ready to go. I didn't just buy hoodies, you know?

I opened my bedroom door to face Jaxon and... Nah, just Jaxon. Where are the rest? And damn, he looks hot.

He was wearing a casual outfit, ripped black jeans (He totally copied me), a black hoodie with black Adidas. It's all black, and he looks fine. Okay, okay... more than fine. He looked sexy, and he had that bad boy image.

"Are you done checking me?" He broke the silence with his famous smirk, making him look extra hot. I looked at his eyes, which were also wandering my body.

"I don't know, are you done checking me out yet? Because I can wait," I smirked back, and he chuckled at me.

"Where are Noah and Aaron? Owen is getting ready, right?" I asked as we went down the stairs. I was behind him, so I did the one thing you could think of if you were in my place. I jumped on his back. Mature, right?

"What the? Why are you on my back?" he asked but did not shake me off. On the contrary, he held me tighter so I could not fall.

"I'm too lazy to walk?" I said, but it came out as a question. Way to go, Ariel.

He sighed, and I laughed. "And to answer your questions, yes. Owen is preparing for the concert, Noah is waiting for us to go and pick him up from his house, and Aaron is picking up Lilly," Jaxon explained, and I nodded. Wait, he can't see me nod! Stupid Ariel.

"Ariel, I know you just nodded," he commented and laughed in astonishment. How did he? Does he have eyes on the back?

"You're asking yourself how did I know, right?" he asked, and I was shocked and creeped out if I must say. I mean, come on... Who wouldn't?

"Yes, how?" I whispered, feeling a little scared.

"Well, I have been with you for enough time to know you, to anticipate your actions. You are predictable," Jaxon replied, and I could see his side face and saw him smile.

"Wow, you can cook. You're hot. You're an author, and you're smart. Well done, Jaxy!" I praised. I was still on his back if you were wondering.

"Don't call me that." He stopped and raised his head to look at me. From all I just said, he only caught that?

I grinned. "Why? You don't like me calling you Jaxy?" I teased him even more, and I was enjoying it.

"Okay, stop it before I drop you," he warned, and I shut up. How big is this house? We have been like this for five minutes. Don't get me wrong; I'm not complaining or anything. I am enjoying the view from above.

On cue, we reached the front door, he opened it, and I saw a beautiful car. It was a black Lamborghini Aventador Roadster. Mama mia, she's fine. I like cars, and it's the same car they kidnapped me in. Did they ship it here?

"Who's car is this?" I asked while admiring her. Yes, her! The car is a sexy she.

"Mine," he simply replied, and I jumped off his back and faced him.

"That is yours? Does being an author bring you that much money?" I asked in disbelief

"Well, yes. I'm a well-known bestseller author. I'm known around the globe, so that's what you get if you are recognized. I'm not bragging. I'm just stating facts," he answered honestly, then pulled his keys from his pocket.

"I should be an author, too," I joked. "Can I drive it?" I asked in a little girl's voice. You know, to sound innocent and cute.

"Let me think about it... No." He said without thinking, and I pouted, giving him my puppy dog eyes.

"Please!" I begged him, and he tried to avoid my gaze but failed epically. No one can resist my puppy dog eyes

He sighed and ran a hand through his silky brown hair. "Fine, but be careful." He handed me the keys, and I hopped into the driver's seat. It's so comfortable and fancy. Everything was red inside.

"This is awesome," I commented and ran the engine after he sat next to me.

"Yeah, now follow my instructions to pick up Noah," I nodded and drove off.

~~~

"Okay, stop here. I'll call him," Jaxon ordered, and I parked in the driveway of a cute two-story house.

"Hey, Noah... We are outside... okay," then he ended the call. "He's coming in a few minutes." We waited for him in comfortable silence.

I poked Jaxon's rib, and he jumped. He is ticklish. "Do you have a girlfriend?" I asked, surprising myself. Where did that come from?

Jaxon looked at my face and had a blush on his cheeks. Men had feelings too. He rubbed the nape of his neck and shook his head. "N-no, never had one," he stuttered, and my eyes widened.

"No way! You're damn hot and have the full package; anyone would have wanted you." I stated without thinking. Okay, I need to watch my mouth. You know?

"I never had the time for such pleasures... I had a rough past," he replied almost in a whisper. I wanted to ask what had happened, but the car door suddenly opened.

"Hey, guys," Noah greeted with a smile. Talk about perfect timing. What's wrong with these guys? I will ask Jaxon later.

"Hey," Jaxon and I replied with a smile. Noah looked at me as if I had just killed a kitten.

"Why are you driving Jaxon's car?" he asked, almost panicking.

"Why? Am I not supposed to?" I raised my eyebrows in confusion.

Noah waved his hands in the air to be more dramatic. "He never let anyone of us drive it, never!" He pointed out, and I looked at Jaxon. "someone has a-" Jaxon cut him off with a glare.

"Come on, let's go. We will be late," Jaxon said and looked out the window. I drove off.

If he didn't let anyone drive it, why let me?

•••••••√√√••••••√√√••••••√√√•••••••√√√••••••

Hello again...

I hope you enjoyed reading it and please vote

If you like my story, I hope you  share it :)