[43]

Mark:

I didn't know why but I had the feeling that there was something different today. Actually, it was just a normal school day. I had casually entered the school like every other morning.

Nothing special. But it something had to have changed. Everyone on the hallway had stared at me. Teachers and students. That might sound paranoid but I knew that I didn't imagine all the gazes on me.

They had also whispered some things. I hadn't understood everything but I had heard my name a couple of times and that made me extremely suspicious. What made me so interesting?

I mean, yesterday everything had been normal. No one had cared about my existence and now everyone acted like I was the center of the world. I really wanted to know what had happened here.

Hopefully one of my friends could tell me what was going on. I mainly put my hopes in Namjoon. He was one of the popular guys and if there was a new rumor, the people would definitely tell him.

I closed my locker and again I felt various pairs of eyes on my back. This attention made me feel extremely uncomfortable and I couldn't wait to get to the other guys so I didn't have to be alone.

I was on the way to my classroom when I heard two girls of my parallel class talking. "And you're sure it's him?" One of them said and her friend nodded. "Absolutely." She answered.

The first one looked over to me before she looked at her friend again. "Wow. I didn't expect that from someone like him." Girl number one said and I decided that I wanted to know what they meant.

I walked over to them and both flinched a bit. "What didn't you expect from me?" I asked without hesitation. The girls looked at each other before the second one decided to give me an answer.

"Nothing special. We have to go now. Bye." She said and quickly pulled her friend into the next classroom. I sighed heavily. Well, I should probably just forget about these gossip girls and go to my class.

It didn't take me long to reach my destination. There had been a few other students who had most likely talked about me but this time I had ignored them because I wouldn't get a proper answer anyway.

I sat down on my chair and not a second later Jinyoung appeared on the chair next to me. "Hey. Are you OK?" He asked what confused me a bit. Why did he sound so worried? What did happen?

"Of course. Why shouldn't I be?" I asked and hoped that my best friend would be kind enough to tell me what all this staring and whispering was about because I was slowly getting impatient.

The younger raised his eyebrows. Why was he confused now? "You haven't heard it yet?" He asked and I sighed. Would I ask if I had already heard about whatever he was talking about?

"Obviously not. That's why I'm asking. Everyone is staring whenever I appear and they're talking about me. Why do they do this? What has happened here?" I asked a bit louder than I had actually wanted.

Jinyoung placed his hand on my shoulder to calm me down. "Someone has seen you and Jackson in a baby shop yesterday and now everyone knows about it." He finally explained and I gulped.

Shit! Why did this have to happen? I knew that everyone would find out about my pregnancy sooner or later because it was getting more obvious with every day but I had actually planned to make it public myself.

And I also wanted to ask Jackson if he wanted the people in school to know that the baby was his. But now he had no choice because the people would be smart enough to figure the truth out.

"Who?" I asked my friend. He lightly squeezed my shoulder and I knew that he hesitated. I repeated my question and hoped he would feel that I was serious. His sigh told me that he did.

"Kim Jongin." He finally said and I stood up from my chair. This idiot! It wasn't his right to tell everyone in school that I was pregnant. Or at least that he thought that. No one except me could proof it.

I didn't know if I would say something to this rumor. Confirming it was probably the easiest thing to announce my pregnancy but I actually didn't want it to get public by a rumor.

But no matter what I did about this rumor, I wanted to tell this stupid idiot that it wasn't his right to spread such things about other people and that he should take care of his own business.

I was about to leave the room when Jinyoung grabbed my arm. "Where are you going, Mark?" He asked and pulled me back to my seat. I simply sat down again and looked at my best friend.

"I'm going to get this idiot and talk to him." I told him and shrugged my shoulders. The raven-haired boy shook his head. "You shouldn't do this." He said and I titled my head in confusion.

"If you confront him now, everyone will now that this rumor is true. And I'm sure you don't want people to find out because you yelled at Jongin." He explained and I nodded. He knew me well.

If I confirmed this rumor, I wouldn't do it like this. I probably should talk to Jackson before I did anything. He was also involved in my pregnancy and I didn't want to do anything he didn't want.

I knew it was my decision in the end but Jackson and I had just become friends during the last days and this stupid rumor, although it was true, wasn't worth it to risk my friendship with him.

 —

Rumor rumor rumor, gossip gossip gossip ~

I hope you enjoyed this!

I might update later again and if not, it'll be tomorrow 👀

Thank you for reading 💙