52 - You Want Love?

"Ruyi"

My mother's voice.

"Ruyi"

The guards are blocking my mother from getting close.

"Please take mother with you"

I heard her words and saw her tears, but I couldn't feel anything.

"Please Ruyi, please take mother with you. I only have you left"

She was pleading me but her eyes were on the Prince.

"Please don't abandon your mother knowing that these people do not love or care for her"

I knew how hard she had tried to gain the Marquess' favor. All those years she had done everything to gain the status of the Marquess' concubine. In the end, she was still called a "maid". While she was shocked that my sisters called her a mere maid, I was not. While she was devastated that the Marquess did not defend her honor, I was not. My mother's desire for status had caused her to lose everything. Because I never dared to desire anything, there was nothing for me to lose.

"You want love?"

I watched in silence while the Prince walked over to the tearful woman.

"Yes... Please take me with you"

Even now, she did not want me. She wanted the Prince. Those tearful eyes – I've seen the Marquess fallen for them many times. Her beautiful face bloomed when the Prince took her hand.

"Take this" The Prince placed a beautiful black glass bottle in her hand. "I'm sure they will love you after you use it"

Before my mother could take hold of the Prince, he was already at my side.

"Let's go" The Prince took my hand and walked off.

Looking back, I saw my mother confusion. When she opened glass bottle, her face went pale. Horrified, she dropped to her knees. The bottle fell from her trembling hands. White powder.

"Ruyi, don't look back"

The Prince pulled me along, no longer letting me look back.

"Wait! Don't go!"

The Prince and I were inside the carriage when I heard my eldest half-sister desperate calls.

"Back to the estate"

The Prince ordered as if he didn't hear her screams. When it sounded like she fell, I went to lift the curtain but was stopped by his hand.

"Do not be concern for those fools" He said coldly. "They are no longer your family and you do not belong to them anymore"

He grabbed my waist and pulled me to him, crushing me to his hard body.

"Ruyi, you're mine"

When he leaned down toward me, I closed my eyes. Even though he's holding me so tightly, his kiss was gentle.