xii

"Okay, great. Thanks so much. See you then." I hung up, turning to face my boyfriend.

"All clear. Your appointment is Saturday at 2:30." I told Jungkook, smiling wide. He jumped into my arms, kissing my face all over.

"Thank you so much Taetae. I love you so much."

I kissed him back. "Hey, remember to thank Jin hyung too. I just got you the appointment, he's paying for it."

Jungkook nodded, climbing off me to go find Jin. "Hyungggg~," I heard him call out into the apartment.

A year had passed, and Jungkook was finally eighteen. As a birthday present, Jin, Namjoon and I all agreed to get him top surgery. He'd been on hormones the whole time as well, which had really started to take effect. He was much more muscular, his jawline was more defined, his voice was deeper, and he was a lot
more confident.

I had a friend back in Daegu whose parents were both doctors: one was a plastic surgeon and the other was a paediatrician. I had called him to see about getting an appointment for Jungkook.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Yoongi hyung?"

"What's up, Taehyung-ah?"

"Does your dad do top surgeries? Like for trans guys?"

"Uhhh, yeah I think so. Why?"

"My boyfriend, for his birthday we wanted to get him the surgery."

Yoongi hummed. "Okay, one minute. I'm at the clinic right now, let me just head down to the reception and I'll see if I can get him in."

"Thanks so much, hyung."

_

I walked into the house later that day to smell a delicious aroma. Curiously I walked to the kitchen, and found Jin cooking. "Aish, hyung, you're making me look bad. Cooking at other people's houses, come on," I said, approaching the stove and looking up at Jin, who just smiled while shaking his head.

"Well you disappeared and Jungkookie was hungry. What else was I supposed to do? I have to feed my son."

"Where is he?" I perked up at the mention of my boyfriend.

"Think he's in the living room playing video games."

"Okay thanks hyung!" I called, grabbing a piece of meat from the pan before running out.

"Yahh, Taehyung-ah!" Jin complained loudly.

I found Jungkook sitting cross legged on the floor, intently focused on the game on the television. I took a seat next to him.

Jungkook had moved in with me into my apartment back in Daegu, since Jin and Namjoon were finally getting their own place. Jungkook had finished highschool and was now attending college. Everything was falling into place. The older couple was also staying with us for a while, wanting to be here for Jungkook's surgery.

I waited until Jungkook's character died to pull him into a kiss. He immediately kissed back, our lips moving together so passionately that he dropped the controller to grab onto the back of my neck. Jungkook scooted into my lap, and I tangled my fingers in his soft black hair. My tongue licked at his bottom lip, asking for entrance. When Jungkook didn't part his lips right away, I moved one hand down to grab at his ass, prompting a moan from him. I quickly took the opportunity to slide my tongue into his mouth and both of our tongues battled for dominance, which I won easily.

"Food's ready~ oh god, get a room!" Jin screeched as he ran back into the kitchen. We broke apart, laughing at our dramatic hyung.

"Hungry?" Jungkook asked me, looking up at me through his dark lashes.

I smirked. "I could think of other things to eat."

Jungkook's cheeks reddened, and he hid his face in my shirt, his fists hitting my chest. "Naughty, naughty Taehyungie."

I laughed, simply scooping him up in my arms and carrying him to the kitchen, where Jin and Namjoon were already eating. Jungkook beamed at the older boys as he flopped into a chair and began digging into his food. I sat next to him, eating at a slower pace. "Thank you for the food, Jin hyung," Jungkook mumbled through a mouthful of food.

Jin rolled his eyes, hitting Jungkook's leg. "Yah, don't talk with your mouth full."

"Sorry, eomma." Jungkook grinned, and Namjoon snorted.

As we ate, I could hardly stop smiling. I just couldn't believe how much my life had changed in the span of a year, and for the better.

"Why are you smiling like that, Taehyung-ah?" Namjoon asked, being the only one to notice my behaviour.

"I'm just happy. I have great friends and I'm in love with an amazing guy. Isn't that a reason to smile?"