Chapter 38

Hi Guys...

I'm so sorry I haven't posted lately but I've been really focused on my exams at the moment. I will try and post another chapter tomorrow if I can as I feel really bad that I've not posted lately. 

Anyway there is a picture of Amy at the side (I think this is the right person for her at the moment) ->

Hope you enjoy :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jake parked next to the shutter of the garage and turned the engine off. I climbed out with my school bag and walked towards the garage. I could see the guys working away as usual. I walked over to the clipboard that was on top of the toolbox and saw that the garage was really busy, looks like I won’t be working on my project today.

“Morning Hayden” I turned to see Jamie move from underneath one of the cars.

“Morning” I replied. He stood up and batted his hands on his already grease stained jeans. He walked over and took the pen off of the top of the toolbox and held his hand out for the clipboard. I handed it over to him and watched him tick off one of the cars under his names.

“What are you planning today?” He asked.

“Well I’m Jason’s tutor now so we thought we would study here and... I was kind of hoping to look at my project.” I said whilst whispering the last part about my project.

“Ok... do you want to strip the inside of it?” He asked. So far we had finished building the whole engine and we had cleaned the whole body of it, getting rid of the dirt and rust, and now it looked brand new. We just needed to do the interior and we would have a brand new up and running car.

“Ye... ok” I said nodding. We carried on talking for a while about the car as Jamie informed me on all of the deliveries for my project.

“Hayden... I didn’t know you were here” I looked up and saw Jason stood in the doorway near the reception. I smiled and walked towards him.

“Where shall we study then?” I asked him. He pointed towards the little office and I followed him in. I grabbed the chair that was at the side of the cabinets and dragged it around so then I was sat on the same side as Jason, facing the door, and started to pull all off my books out of my bag.

We studied for at least 3 hours before we decided that that was enough for today and we were starving. I looked at my watch and saw that it read 1:30. I packed all of my books back into my bag and left it on the desk. We walked out of the office and into the garage area.

“Hey Guys... we’re going to May’s Sandwich Shop does anyone want anything?” I asked. The guys all came over and handed me money and told me their order.

“I’ll come with you and help you carry the stuff” Jake said.

“No it’s ok Jake I’m going” Jason said quickly whilst wrapping his arm around my shoulder. I smiled at Jake whilst shrugging Jason’s arm off of my shoulder. I took Jake’s money and order and started to walk towards the reception.

“So have you always lived here?” Jason asked as we walked out of the reception and towards the corner of the street.

“Yep... this is my hometown. Where are you from then?” I asked.

“London”

“Really I went to London for a Math challenge and fell in love with the place” I said recalling memories from that weekend.

“Ye its ok but I’d rather live somewhere like this”

“Why?”

“Because it’s nice, quiet, small and everyone knows everyone” He said. We carried on walking towards the shop. I was looking down at the pavement for a moment until I caught a glimpse of something shining. I bent down and examined it. “What is it?” Jason asked. I picked it up and looked at it.