Chapter 29 - Happy

Kian's voice echoes in my head like in one of those cheesy, low-budget movies where they have a character's words repeat to add "Effect."

"Maddie, I think we should be together. Again," Kian said.

Kian wants us to get back together? Really?

These are the words that I've wanted to hear ever since right after our breakup. These are the words I never thought I'd hear.

Now that he's said them though, I wish that he would take them back.

Kian has a baby on the way to worry about, meaning he also has an Emily to worry about. Adding me in the equation would add so much more stress that he doesn't need. On top of that, Kian is also a part of YouTube's largest collaboration and he has his fans and work to take care of.

"Say something?" He pleads, trying to make eye contact with me. My eyes are focused anywhere but his eyes.

If I look him in the eyes, then I'll give in. I know I will.

"Kian, I-" I nearly say something, but he cuts me off.

"Don't tell me you don't want me back," Kian says, an urgent tone to his voice. "I know you have feelings for me still. Whether they're as strong as mine doesn't matter right now."

Words don't seem to form in my head, the only thing I can think if being Kian. I see images of everything that we have been through.

"I know I hurt you, Madison. I know we had rough times, but making it through those times is what makes us stronger. I wasn't strong enough to handle it then, and I cracked under the pressure. I'm better now, stronger now and I could never imagine being without you now. You're the only thing that makes my days bearable, even if I don't get to talk to you. With Emily having our baby I feel lost and helpless. But I know that no matter how stupid I get you'll always be here for me. It may not be fully in the way I want you to be here with me, but I'll take whatever I can get."

Kian's words bring tears into my eyes, making me realize that Kian does still really love me. I couldn't be happier about it either.

"Maddie, I want you more than anything. I'd do anything just to-" I cut him off by delicately placing my lips on his.

The feeling I get when our lips make contact is like no other, and something I've been missing for so long.

It finally feels like the hole in my chest is filled again. I tried to fill it by dating Skylar, but failed miserably, only making the hole year bigger. But Kian, Kian makes it better.

He makes me happy, bringing an insane amount if light into my head.

At first he freezes, shocked at what I'm doing. He probably wasn't expecting me to give in that easily.

Then he wakes up from the shock, intensifying the kiss. It goes from a gentle kiss to a desperate kiss were the both of us can't get enough of each other.

I run my hands through his messy hair, tugging on it. My back curves, pressing my front side up against his, squeezing my eyes shut due to the amount of happiness I feel. Not only do I feel happy about the fact that I'm kissing Kian again after what feels like forever, but I'm also electrified from it. My mine is running a million miles an hour.

Kian shifts on the bed, pulling my legs onto the top of the bed instead of hanging off of it before he straddles me, his knees on either side of my legs. He pushes me back, our lips never disconnecting. He kisses me harder and more intensely, all the passion and love from the past year in the kiss.

Everything is exactly how it needs to be right now, and I couldn't be more happy about it.

Emily isn't something to worry about either at the moment, along with anyone or anything else that couldn't interfere with my happiness. It's all irrelevant.

Kian lifts his shirt over his head before I do the same. Kian breaks the kiss only to lock the door before we continue with the kiss, falling into our love all over again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know this is short but the events in this are so much more than other chapters so I figure it will suffice.

I wanted to update right now because...

THE STORY OF US HIT ONE MILLION READS.

I LITERALLY STARTED CRYING WHEN I SAW IT. I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING.

until next time,

xox -Delilah