Ch14 : My Idol

Chapter 14: My Idol

     [Edited: August 29, 2015]

     (Liam's P.O.V) *same morning but before they left for the hospital*

     I woke up, feeling super groggy. Ignoring my body's aches, I got up and headed downstairs. Surprisingly, Niall and Zayn were already dressed and eating at the table.

     "Morning mate," Zayn greeted, getting up and putting his bowl in the sink,"We want to head to the hospital early, so get ready."

      I nodded, took a banana and climbed back up the stairs. 

     (35 minutes later)

     "Liam, come on, we're going!" Niall called from downstairs. Quickly grabbing my wallet, phone, and sweater, I jogged down the stairs.

      We walked out to the cars and got into the van. The driver sat, waiting behind the wheel, Niall sat next to him, Zayn and I climbing into the back.

     "I was wondering, which room is Riley gonna sleep in?" I asked, feeling a bit eager to have a new member living in our house.

     "Probably the one next to yours, cause the empty one next to Niall's has loads of garbage in it and we all know neither of us has the energy to clean it out," Zayn answered. I agreed, chuckling at how accurate that sentence was.

     We arrived at the hospital and hopped out of the car. As we stood in the lift, the doors slid open, revealing a massive frenzy. Nurses were running around frantically, yelling orders and demands. As Niall, Zayn and I stepped out of the lift, a nurse came running from the hallway to our right in a fit of worry. 

     "Tomlinson isn't on any of the floors! I called pediatrics and even the nursery! Should we call a code yellow?" 

     After realizing what the nurse had yelled, I stepped forward and lightly tapped her shoulder. "Sorry, miss, but I just heard you saying Tomlinson and that's my sister. Has something gone on?"

       The woman's face paled as she backed away, giving me a false smile. She laughed faintly, "No, No, sir. We - We are just in a bit of a problem, nothing to get you worked up about. Why don't you wait in the waiting room? We'll be right back-"

     The sounds of running footsteps sounded, as the nurses looked up and at the end of the corridor. A male nurse - the only one in this hospital, I believe - ran towards the desk, carrying Lilly in his arms. He paused to catch his breath, though he looked greatly proud of himself. 

     All the nurses sighed in relief, while the nurse in front of me laughed awkwardly before disappearing into another patient's room. 

     Niall rushed to the male nurse, taking Lilly into his arms. "What was going on?" Zayn questioned them. They shared glances before one spoke. "I was going in to give her her last dose of medication and when I walked in, only your friend was on the bed, but the patient was missing."

     "Where was she?" I asked the male nurse.

     He looked at us with pride, "I found her on the balcony, no one bothered to look there, but I was thinking outside the box-" The three of us didn't bother listening as we made our way to Lilly's room.

     Niall laid her on the bed. Beside her, I shuffled over to Louis, who was still passed out on the bed. Just as I was about to wake him and prepare myself to scold him for not hearing Lilly sneak out, I paused. Replaying the last few days, I realized Lou hasn't slept in almost 48 hours until last night. As pity overcame me, I softly shook him awake. He stirred, his eyes glancing up at me in confusion.