Chapter 28

"Leave her. Now." Came a threatening voice from my back. I definitely knew that to whom that voice belongs to.

"No...we won't" one of the goon's said.

There was stillness on both sides. If hatred was visible, the air would have been scarlet.

"Fine, then" and the next thing I saw was one of the goon's flying from right to the opposite direction. Sir rained blows onto him as if he meant to smash him into the very earth.

Screams broke out. The men rushed forward, shouting orders. Guns fired. More shouting. More screaming. More running and with that I blacked out.

I was tired, very very tired...but still I could make out that a mild headache was starting to rise. I want to sleep and this soft, fluffy, blanket is helping me well to sleep soundly but the only thing that was taking me away from my sound sleep was an intimidating smell or breath should I say that was coming right behind my side.

I was feeling warm, I wanted to hug that smell so that I could sleep peacefully and that's exactly what I did. I really felt good..I was in love with that smell. It was soothing with a hint of wetness in it. I was again drifting in a deep slumber.

I don't know for how long I slept or I was in that same position, engulfed in that soothing smell. I tried to open my eyes, and the very first thing I met is with a pair of striking blue eyes.

I jolted back and got hit by the bed.

"Ouchhh" I said massaging my head.

"Hey, easy easy..."

"What are you doing here? No, sorry wrong question...What am I doing here??" I blabbered

"Well, you fainted and I was kind enough to bring you at my place." He said sitting properly.

"You should have been more kind and would have left me at my place" I said raising my eyebrows.

"Because my place was much near than yours" he replied. "Will you tell me why were you clutching me so tightly as if you've seen a ghost?"

"That was youuuuuu..." I said making a very bad face.

"Yes, unfortunately it was me!!" He gave a one side smile.

"And here I thought that I was in the land of Gucci and Versace" I was being dramatic.

"Gucci and Versace, surely don't want to lose their reputation!!"

"You're being mean"

"And you're being extra rude. Instead of thanking me to not to leave you alone on that place, you're insulting me??" He stood up.

"Oh please, I've better things to do than to insult you" I said showing him my palm.

"You are forgetting that you're still in my home" he said folding his arms over his chest.

"That's why I'm leaving" I said getting up.

"No, you can't!!" He quickly said coming to my side.

"Huh...??" I made a weird face.

"I mean, have you seen the time? It's nearly One." He said.

"Huh...I missed my salah!!" I gasped.

"It's okay, you can pray here."

"No no...it's not okay. You, me, alone....no no...I need to get back home, now. Uncle and Aunty would be worried for me." I was panicking.

"Nope, they are already informed."

"Still have to leave. I can't stay here."

"Ofcourse you can. I'm the owner of this house and I'm letting you stay here" he shrugged