twenty five

lea | alec

lea | alec

CONNOR'S LIPS crash on Lea's and she instantly pushes him by the chest so that he would remove from her. "What the hell are you doing, Connor?"

Shock fills his features as he stares at her, her face growing red with rage. She removes his hands from her waist whilst glaring at him as she waits for him to answer. "I wanted to kiss you," he shrugs his shoulders and tucks a strand of her hair behind her ear.

She shoots him back another glare. "And, I want to be Beyonce."

A faint chuckle rides on his lips as he looks at her face but her eyes look cold and angry. "You know I always find you cute when you're angry," he says and draws closer to her and wraps his arms around her waist yet again.

Lea feels the lump in her throat as he brings his lips closer to hers, such that his breath fans hot on her skin, inventing shivers down her spine. She watches his brown eyes twinkle under the starlight as he looks at her like she was everything he ever wanted and for a second, she almost leans in. Almost.

Feeling his hard chest on her, she shakes herself, shifting her gaze away from his eyes and gathers her strength to push him away. He's strong enough to stay solid, a sly smile plastered on his lips but after a few seconds, she succeeds in pushing him away from her, causing him to groan impatiently.

"What are you doing, Lea?" He asks, anger laced in his voice this time. "I thought you were bored with the playing-hard-to-get game. We're adults. Grow up."

He grunts whilst running his hand to hers to hold her tight. She reminds herself to stay composed but the hold on her wrist grows strong forcing her to wince. "The only person who should grow up here is you, Connor. You cannot kiss me just like that."

He clenches his teeth as she glares at him in anger. "How long do you want me to chase and woo you? I'm tired. I'm fucking tired. Not everything's about you, Lea. You need to fucking get over yourself."

"I never asked you to chase me, Connor. I'm sorry if I cannot satisfy your needs right now. You had me. And, you lost me."

"Is it because of the other guy?" He seethes. "The guy you like? You think he'll treat you like I do?"

She forces her out from his strong hold and rubs the mark of his fingers on his skin. "He'll treat me better."

Before she could continue, her phone starts ringing. Cutting the tension between them, she instantly exhales a pushed back sigh and crawls her legs towards the chair so that she could pick her purse.

Connor stands next to her, cursing under his breath waiting for her to talk back but she easily ignores him by shoving him behind. She follows the sound of her ringtone and let her fingers dig deep to hunt her phone.

Her breathing hitches and her eyes stare at the familiar name that displays on the phone.

Alec.

Her heart skips a beat.

She inhales a sharp breath and attends the call giving herself no time to gather her composure to stay confident, afraid that the ring would die out. It is the first time he actually called her and something in her tells her the reason he called must have been something important and she mentally hopes it isn't bad.

"Hello," she breathes nervously.

She hears Alec sniffle his nose and a minute of silence fills them. He breathes heavily and she walks a bit farther from Connor so that he wouldn't hear him. "Alec, what's up?"

"Lea," he breathes. Her stomach tightens instantly as she hears his voice; it is deep yet soft like silk, exactly like she imagined it to be, probably even better. Her heart starts to flutter as she hears him sniffle his nose breathily as though he were crying.

He is crying.

"Alec, what's wrong? Are you okay? Is everything okay?" She asks, her voice laced with concern and her heart starts to ache realizing that he is crying on the other side. Her entire body stands in shock, consumed by his silence and for some reason, it makes her nervous. "Talk to me," she makes her plea softly, carefully.

"T-There was a t-truck," he adds, his voice stammering whilst shivering. His voice is groggy and her stomach invents knots as his tone echoes in her ears. It's only the first time she's hearing his voice but she realizes that she could never get tired of his voice. It makes her feel safe. It makes her feel like home.

But, something was wrong. So wrong.

"Shit," she curses. "Are you okay? Please tell me you're okay."

He stays silent for a while. She waits for him to reply and a wave of pain reverberates through her body, consuming her throughout. The sound of him crying fills the air around her and a drop of tear falls down her cheek, unintentionally. "Damn it, Alec. Say something. What the hell is wrong?"

He clears his throat and slows down his breath but after a second, his crying intensifies and he breaks down into a mess of tears filled with heavy breaths. "She's dead, Lea," he says. "My mom's dead."