In A Matter Of Ten Seconds

A/N: Now it's Teen Fiction #399! You guys are honestly the greatest readers ever! Oh and I picked Sierra Kusterbeck for skye because she has amazing hair.

Last Chapter:

“I wasn’t just messing around I honestly wanted to kiss you. I want to keep kissing you. And I don’t want you to kiss anyone else,” the way he said the last part was somewhere in between a command and a pleaded. It made me want to kiss him even more.

“So what, you have feelings for me?” I asked unsure of what was happening.

He looked down- away from my eyes- and nodded his head.

“Okay,” I said plainly.

“Okay?” he asked looking up at me again.

“Okay,” I continued softly, “I have feeling for you too.”

He pulled me closer to him by the small of my back and kissed me. This time it was soft and grateful and happy. It was just as passionate yet less animal like.

He pulled away and smiled down at me, “So will you be my girlfriend?”

I thought about saying yes, I thought about saying no. I thought about what Aaron and Adam would say. I thought about how our relationship would probably have to be a secret. I thought about how he used to make my life miserable and how he teased me. I thought about all that in a matter of ten seconds.

Something about saying yes to this made me think of the day Jake asked me out.

It was hot and sunny at the beach. Aaron and I had decided to go together despite my protest to stay at my house for the pool. What could I say? I liked the pool and it was ridiculous to go to the beach when there was a perfectly fine pool in my back yard. Plus who wants sand all over them?  However Aaron didn’t see it that way.

I was laying out on my towel waiting for Aaron to get back from the ocean- he went alone because I can't stand getting salt water in my eyes, which always seems to happen in the ocean- when suddenly a football hit my back.

“Ouch!” I groaned and from the corner of my eye I saw feet running towards me.

“Hey,” I heard an irresistible, deep voice call to me and that person sat down next to me, “You okay?”

“Huh?” I asked and twisted my head so I could see him better. I regret to inform you that at the time I thought he’d been the most gorgeous man I’d ever seen and immediately slapped myself internally for my first words to him being ‘huh’.