Chapter 32

I rolled over with a groan, still half asleep as my dream about being late to school turned into me walking the streets of London and stopping to watch and listen as two men sat playing guitars together. I placed my hand into my pocket for change and the music they were playing just became louder and louder until I felt startled enough to wake up, completely confused.

Hey, doesn't your phone sound just like that?

Wake up so you can turn off that fucking noise.

I remained in bed, letting my phone continue to ring because I wanted to get a good stretch in before I had to move from my comfortable curled position. After I raised my arms above my head, I let out a groan and sat up to reach over to my end table to find my stupid phone that I wish I had put on silent. 

Before I looked for the name of the tosser who decided to wake me up, I checked to see the time. It was another reason to groan as it wasn't even half seven yet. I pressed the 'answer' button to make the strumming guitars stops and put my phone to my ear.

"You better have a good reason for calling me so early. You do know it's Saturday and everyone who is smart is still asleep right now?" I said, trying my best to sound that I was annoyed and not eager to hear about our plans for our date.

I closed my eyes and rested my head back down on my pillow once I heard Harry chuckling at me. He sounded quite awake and I had no idea how he could possibly not be sleeping right now. He did more work than I did and I still felt like I could sleep for hours. 

"I'm guessing you were one to sleep in when we had to practise or have a match on weekend mornings?" He asked me with a teasing interest.

I blinked my eyes open before I answered him. "Of course, I did, and I still made it on time unlike some of the other boys. So don't sound like I'm a lazy arse because I take every minute of sleep I can possibly get." I argued in my defense, probably too much so. 

Yeah, you sound like a whining bitch. 

Harry's not gonna date a whining bitch. It's not an attractive quality.

"Okay, okay. I'll take note not to call you when you're trying to hibernate."  He gave another short laugh, still not spilling as to why he was calling. He's wasting my precious time I wanted to use for sleep. I was up rather late last night since there was a really good match on, and then I wanted to watch the highlights as well. Maybe he had called to discuss it. Well, he could have waited. 

"Sorry, I'm just used to being up early."

Yeah, apparently you are.

"It's fine." I finally gave up and turned onto my side. "So, what do I owe this pleasure of an early wake up call?" 

"Oh, I was just wondering if you wanted to go around to the park with me and then get a bite to eat after. It's a slightly less crap day out and I feel like getting some extra work in before I get to play in the one of the matches this weekend." He explained to me. I knew just how excited Harry was to be getting back out there, slowly but surely he would be gracing the field again. 

Was that all that he had planned for our date? I wish I had more notice; one that I was glad didn't come earlier in the morning though. Of course, I was going to agree to join him. I quite enjoyed helping Harry out, especially when he was having one of his determined days. Then we could have a simple lunch to start off on our awkward world of dating. I was just fine with that. 

It was how a first date should be: without pressure and stress.

It should be that way between you blokes anyway.