24.

unedited.

+pleasevoteandcomment.

p.s hey guys, I'm sorry for the delay in updating this book! I've been busy with everything (E.g. moving houses, hired for a job, robot babies etc. ) and had no time to update but here you go, another chapter has been done!

***

Emiko just sat there, watching Zero sleeping for two hours straight. As creepy as she admits it to be, she just couldn't help herself. There was always something about him that she found interesting, every aspect of him she loved to admire. It was her first time harbouring a feeling that had only just recently awoken inside of her and she couldn't really tell what it was. Whatever the feeling was, it was her first time properly experiencing it.

She attempted to push the thought away, maybe she should assume that Zero just had an effect on her like he always does. A happy feeling is part of the effect that she greatly appreciates.

Though no matter how much she tried to ignore the feeling for the past two hours, she just couldn't.

Emiko grazed her sight over Zero's features. Her dead heart somehow pounding quickly. She gripped the material of the shirt she was wearing and squeezed it between her clutched fist and then let out a gulp as she slowly inched closer to him. She went closer and closer and closer until finally her face was right next to his. She then glanced at his lips and a thought passed through her head. The more she looked at it, the more tempting it became. She gulped once more and inched her lips closer to his, her mind clouded and she was unable to think straight because her mind was set on one goal; the desire to feel his lips.

Unfortunately before she could fulfil her desire, the door to the room she resided in swung open and she had a quick reflex which had her immediately pulling her head away from her childhood friend's face and sat upright. She then turned to the intruder and let out a silent exhale. Luckily for her, she wasn't caught by the one and only Hanabusa Aido.

She wanted to slap herself in disbelief. All of a sudden she felt like kissing Zero, her childhood friend! How would he react if he were to be awake the moment she even attempted? Would he find it displeasing? Who kisses their own friend?

"I'm sorry for intruding, Lady Kuran, but he has overstayed quite long enough!" Aido stated rather loudly, making Emiko hush him before turning to check if Zero's sleep was affected by the noise before turning back to Aido.

"How long has he been here?" Asked Emiko, feeling a bit curious. "I don't remember anything."

"Since yesterday, My Lady. Lord Kaname was the one who brought you here and he made sure to inform the Headmaster that you had collapsed but some how this person overheard the conversation and came rushing over here, barging through each room like a raging animal just to find you and when he did he wouldn't leave your side not even for a bit, unbelievable." Hanabusa huffed.

"What happened?"

Aido blinked several times, "Lord Kaname told us that you were speaking to him one second and the next you fell and almost hit your head on the ground if it weren't for him."

"I had a bad dream, Hanabusa. I felt like I was drowning and no one was there to pull me up. It was like being forced into deep water with the darkness wrapping around me and pulling me further down." Emiko spoke honestly.

She did remember the reason she collapsed. Remembering dreadful, unnecessary memories that put her mind into overdrive and intense stress.

"And then what?"

Emiko slowly glanced at Zero and then directly into Hanabusa's icy-blue eyes that widened after she uttered a single sentence.

"I was going to die."

Aido gulped and shivered. He rubbed his arm up and down, squirming from her gaze that made him feel uncomfortable.

"But I didn't. Because I grabbed a hand that made sure I wouldn't let go and that hand pulled and pulled until I finally reached the surface. I was finally able to breathe again." Emiko smiled. "When you told me Zero would hurt me, I didn't believe it at all because the hand that pulled me out of the water was his."

Hanabusa looked away and balled his fists tightly. His posture stiffened and the look on his face clearly told her he was unhappy. He looked back to Emiko and stepped towards her until he eventually was close to her. Staring down at her sitting on the bed as he towered over her made him exhale loudly.

Emiko looked at him with uncertainty, she didn't understand what he was doing. She watched him glance over to the sleeping Zero and his eyes were filled with hate and resent.

"Why is it always him?" He whispered, though the question was more directly to himself as if he was unconsciously voicing out his thoughts.

Emiko's eyes widened slightly. What did he mean by that?

With one last look of bitterness, Hanabusa turned away and vanished into thin air, leaving her dumfounded. She felt worried that he was angry at her, but the hate in his eyes were directed to Zero.

Before Emiko could think clearly, she felt movement on the side of her bed stating that Zero was finally waking up. He lifted his head up tiredly and opened his eyes, rubbing them and yawning. He looked around, taking in the area he was in. It took a while but it finally clicked to him and turned his head straight to see Emiko smiling widely at him, wide awake and sitting up right in her bed.

"Look who's finally awake." She started, chuckling when she took in the appearance of his bed hair.

"I stayed up because I was worried, you know. I was with you the whole night." He answered in a tired voice that made her heart skip a few beats.

Her cheeks grew hot and started coughing out her chokes from the build up of the breath she had been trying to hold in since his awakening.

Zero's lilac eyes grazed lightly over her red cheeks and tilted his head slightly in the oddness. He brought his face closer to hers, making her immediately close her eyes. She then felt something cold against her forehead and she opened up her eyes, Zero's face was up close with his cold forehead on hers and this obviously made her cheeks hotter. She knew what he was doing. He was checking her temperature using his forehead. As children, Emiko had no problem with him doing this to her but now for some reason it made her all fuzzy inside.

"Why are you cheeks so red? You don't seem to have a fever or anything." Zero muttered, his forehead still against hers as she could feel his cool breath on her lips.

She gulped. "Y-You tell me!" She exclaimed in reply to the question of her red cheeks and then started pouting afterwards. 

She really didn't know why her face felt warm.