Chapter Twenty-Two: Gibberish?

Yeah...I didn't mean to post last chapter yesterday. I accidentally hit publish, but here what was suppose to be the rest of chapter twenty-one for you all!

When Mitch woke up, his hand had subconsciously tried to grab whoever was speaking beside him, but he couldn't grip them and they went away too fast upsetting, Mitch. 'Don't leave me. I'm scared. I feel weird and really weak.' Mitch thought. Mitch slowly opens his eyes, blinking several times to clear his blurred vision as his hearing comes back to me and he hears beeps and hears a gasp. His throat is raw and the oxygen tube they put in his mouth blocks any effort from speaking which he feels like he can't even do to believe with.

"M-Mitch?" Someone asks him when Mitch closes his eyes, feeling pain and stiff.

"Wake up, wake up! Mitch is awake!" Another person said.

"Mitch? Baby?!"

He feels a gentle and warm hand touch his cheek, he opens his eyes seeing his mom in tears, gripping his hand tight. 'Mom? Why are you crying? What happened?' Mitch thought.

"My poor baby boy." She cried. Mitch turns his head slightly, feeling drowsy and sick. A doctor comes in, followed by a few nurses. They take everyone out and run a few tests, they remove the oxygen tube from Mitch's mouth, giving him some water to drink as well. Mitch closes his eyes again, wanting to go back asleep but they won't let him.

It was a few minutes before Mitch's parents, Jerome, and Preston were allowed back in. Mitch's parents go by his side immediately, his mom gripping his hand.

"Do you remember what happened, Mitch? The doctor said your memory will be a bit jumbled for a few hours." She said. Mitch looks at her, remembering exactly what happened since the doctor told him. His eyes glance over at Jerome and Preston. But he looks back at his mom. "Mitch? You okay?"

"I-I'm really tired." He said softly. She smiles a little, moving his hair from his eyes.

"That's the medicine working, that's normal. They are gonna do a few more tests, make sure you are okay and than you are coming home with us in a few days, they want to keep you here for a while. For now, get some rest sweetie, recover your strength. I'll be right here if you need anything." She said to him. She kisses his forehead, gripping his hand. Jerome walks beside Mitch, Preston behind him.

"Um..Can we..?" Jerome asks. They both nod. She lets go of Mitch's hand and they both go out in the hallway. Mitch doesn't look at either of them, fearing to look at Jerome in the eye. "Benja....We ain't mad at you." Jerome could see Mitch was nodding off on them, Jerome bites on his bottom lip. "You are about to pass out on us." Mitch coughs a few times and than looks at Jerome and Preston. Mitch grabs Jerome's wrist.

"J-Just him." He said. Jerome looks at Preston and Preston head to the door.

"Well aren't I just chopped liver." He grumbled. Preston leaves, shutting the door. Jerome looks at Mitch, Mitch is staring at the floor with a grip still on Jerome's wrist.

"What is it?" Jerome asks. Mitch doesn't respond, his expression is blank and Jerome could tell he was gonna fall asleep any second. "We can talk when you are a little more awake." Mitch suddenly gets upset, his weak grip on Jerome breaking instantly when Jerome heads towards the door.

"D-Don't le-leave me, Jer-Jerome." Mitch barely could say. Jerome stops at the door, he looks at Mitch. He gives Mitch a little smile.

"I'm not going anywhere, Benja." He said. He loses his smile when he sees tears in Mitch's eyes and trailing down his cheeks.

"Co-Come back, Fl-Fluffy...please. I..I wa-want..." He said weakly trailing off. Jerome goes beside him. Jerome's thumb wipes away Mitch's tears seeing his eyes half closed.

"Calm down. I'm right here, go to sleep. You need to get sone rest." Jerome said. Mitch genlty grabs Jerome's wrist, hanging onto it, afraid Jerome would go away until he falls asleep and Mitch's hand falls back onto the bed, limp. Jerome's cheeks turn a pink hue thinking about what just happened. 'It has to be the drugs they have him on. After all he did call me fluffy..' Jerome thought. The door opens, Preston comes in.

"Did he spout gibberish?" He asks. Jerome smiles a little.

"A little." He said. Mitch's parents come back in. Preston pulls Jerome aside.

"I called Rob and told him Mitch woke up." Preston said. Jerome nods.

"What did he say, Jerome?" Mitch's mom asks. He looks at her.

"Gibberish. He is high from all the medicine they have him on." Jerome said. She gripping Mitch's hand. She looks at Mitch and Jerome smiles when he sees her smile for the first time in days.