6|A strange note|

After I was fresh and ready for dinner I made my way to the dinnig hall.
By the time I reached there everyone was seated in their usual places.

I made my way to my place. I sat between Sophie and Miriam. Sophie sits on Madamme's left. Across me sits Maliah and co. All the cranky girls and then followed their followers. On my side of the table the girls that opted to be seated were the ones who did no fancy the idea of being a part of the "fanfollowing".

My preference was not on any of the bases of the aforementioned, my choice of this seat was because I wanted to sit close to Sophie while I ate. When I was little she used to feed me herself putting me in a babyseat by her side .

Today we had chicken. Ah the sight of it made my mouth water. We all prayed and paid thanks to the Almighty creator for giving us food and started. We all devoured every bite of the meal.

Madamme only ate dinner with us on Friday. The only day we had dessert.

Today before the dessert was served, madamme stood and cleared her throat to speak. We turned to her.

Ah. I really wished we could wait toll dessert. I am such a sweet tooth. Sophie has always called me that.

'Ahem. Girls may I have attention?' Madamme started though everyone already was focused on her.

'I am going to make a big announcement. The Queen of our beloved land of Ittecia has invited fivr girls from the Madamme Annie's Orphanage.'The girls started squealing and jumping,thinking that they were the ones, how naive.' These girls will be randomly picked by lucky draw, so no need to get over excited.'

Sophie and I glanced sideways towards eachother and Soph offered a smile. I sniled back.

'Ok now before the names are drawn let me brief you all a bit. The selected will be inyerviwed right after, the crew that will shoot you is right out side the common room in the sitting area. The lucky draw would be in the common room,once the names are picked we will have the dessert. The selected will have it later ofcourse.'

'Now now' madamme clapped her hands together.' Miriam and Es you to come along. Sophie you too dear. Help me with this container. We will push it from my office to the common room. Others move to the common room and be seated.'

Other girls quickly got up and obliged.

'Es you go too. Call the reporters and direct them towards the common room and help them if the require it.'
Madamme ordered.

'Sir, yes, sir.'

I make my way to the common room. Walking straight ahead. After madamme and others turned left in to the office I became the attention gravity.

All eyes were on me.

I walked across the room, just before I reached for the door, Tris called,' Hey Es? You quitting already?'

She laughed and her co joined in. Oh no she was going to start again. I hated when she ,especially Tris ,tried to torment anyone.

'Hey Tris? You done babbling already because I have been trusted with a responsibility. Unlike you' I passed her a smile a mocking one and then turned around to open the door.

'Ah. The wait is over I suppose.' A middle-aged man said.

'Yes the wait is over, Mr...' I trailed off expecting him to state his name.

'Andrew. I am the producer.'

'Mr. Andrew, very well. I am here to ask you to follow me with your crew to the common room.'

'Yes sure. Lead the way.'

I led them to the common room. Their cameramen settled everything and they made it all set.

I joined Lucinda. From there I noticed that madamme had already arrived with that wheel, lucky draw thing. It was a transparent container with a lid at the top. There was a handle on the side that was there to spin the container to mix and shuffle the contents.

Madamme stoid beside it. Mirriam had resumed her place by Carla's side. Sophie on the other hand was nowhere to be see. I crashed my brows and looked from one side to the other side in attempt to find her.

'Looking for someone?'

I jumped at the voice that came from behind me all of a sudden.

'Sophie! You got my heart in my throat!'

'Didnt mean to startle you.' She said in mockin way and started giggling.

'Ha-ha very funny' trying my best to supress my laughter. But I eventually gave in laughed with her.

We heard a sniff from behind us. We turned to see the one who tried to, most politely, stop us from laughing.
We found madamme.

'Sorry.' Sophie squealed. And we both stopped at once.

We focussed on the sight before us. The cameras were set in the most strategic way all around the room. There was a tall, slender man with dark hair and a stern look on his face, who was guiding everyone.

Besides him was a blonde small girl in a beige dress and skin stockings. She was nodding to whatever the stern- man was saying.

Soon madamme was there listening to him. Nodding and listening attentively. Madamme turned on her heel soon and made her way to the draw-the-names-from-it thing.

Madamme saw me looking at her and beckoned me by waving me over. I walked to her.

'Es, I am going to be the one who is going to draw the names. I am going to need my reading glasses. They are in my room on th desk. S-'

'On it boss'. I cut her before she could ask me to fetch them.

'Thats like a good girl.'

I went to her room. The desk was in the right corner of the room. I looked for it there but it wasnt there so instead I looked on the little table by her chair under the bookshelf.

There they were. I went to grab it and noticed a note under the pair of spectacles.

You know why this has been brought up. She must be selected.
~S&N