[Chapter 50]: The only thing

You walked behind the man, an eerie silence filling the alleyway. It felt strange, awkward almost. You weren't getting the same vibes from this guy as you were from the others. There wasn't any sinister intent.

"So uhhhh..." You broke the silence. The man didn't shift, he continued forward. "What's your name?"

"It doesn't matter." He dully responded.

"Well you know mine, and I don't want to refer to you as 'dude' or 'sir' or some shit like that." He went silent again and you thought that was that. 

Well I guess that's all I'm gonna get outta him...

"Dabi." He finally said. You cracked the slightest smile.

"Dabi huh? That's an interesting name. Did you know it means 'dearly loved' in Hebrew?"

"Do you always talk this much?" He coldly answered.

"Not usually, but conversation helps distract me from impending doom." Another silence befell the both of you.

"You... don't want to be here, do you?"

That's the understatement of the century.

Bitting your lip, your eyes peered at the ground.

"You're in league with these people right? Do you not know my situation?" You huffed.

"Stain associates with this group so I've heard, that's the only reason I'm here. I don't care to know anything else."

"The hero killer? Why-"

"We're here." He halted in front of the back door to a tall building. You stopped as well and waited as Dabi opened the door to a stairwell. "We're going up to the top." You nodded and started up after him.

- - -

Upon arriving at the top, you noticed Shigaraki and Kurogiri peering down at you from a concrete spire. You swallowed thickly and stood before them next to Dabi.

"Welcome (y/n)! So happy that you showed up tonight!" Shigaraki exclaimed. You narrowed your eyes at him.

"You sound pretty excited to see the person you didn't trust to give your exact location to."

"We apologize for having Dabi fetch you, but we couldn't risk it. You understand why, right (y/n)?" Kurogiri added.

"Of course I do. If I felt any less love for Takashi, I could have just given your location to the authorities." You scoffed, fist clenching by your side. "That being said if you so much as lay a fucking finger on him, this is done. Got that you pale piece of shit?" Dabi even cracked a smile at that. Your eyes darted back over to Shigaraki, the man you presumed to be their leader.

But the other day, the vortex guy referred to somebody as master... Could there be somebody above them still?

"Are you sure we need her alive Kurogiri?" Shigaraki growled.

"Yes I'm sure, please control yourself."

"Yeah yeah..." He nearly disappeared, moving so fast, he appeared in front of you in what seemed like an instant. A gasp escaped your mouth as you moved to counter him but to no avail. His hand wrapped around your neck, a single finger ghosting your skin as he slammed you back first against the concrete.

"SHIGARAKI WAI-"

"Don't worry Kurogiri, I'm just showing her what position she's in..." Shigaraki was in your face, sinister eyes burning into yours. You didn't dare to move. You saw what happened to Aizawa at the USJ when this guy got a hold of him. Dabi only stood there and watched.

"You know... I hate people like you..." Shigaraki grinned maliciously. "There seems to be a misunderstanding about who's in control here." His lingering finger finally pressed against your neck, a sudden pain and stiffness seething into your skin.

It hurts.

He lifted the finger once more, the radiating pain ceasing but the damage still very apparent.

"If I had kept going, I could have rotted away your skin and muscles, straight down to your windpipe. Can you imagine? The absolute agony you would have been in?! What a sight to experience..." Your teeth gritted against each other as your fingernails gripped against the concrete. Tears began to well up in your eyes.

I'm scared.

"Isn't that enough?" Dabi interjected. Shigaraki's glare shot up at him "She's here, you have what you want. Antagonizing her is unnecessary at this point." Shigaraki paused before chuckling a bit. He eventually released your neck and stood.

"Of course Dabi, how could I be so ignorant. Let's get this show on the road, shall we?! Kurogiri, bring them out." Shigaraki commanded.

The shadowy man nodded and created another vortex. You struggled to stand, hands clutching your throat as you palmed at the desecrated skin beneath them. It hurt, but you were still alive. Suddenly three large humanoid creatures stepped out from the shadow. It took you only a moment to realize what exactly you were looking at.

"Nomu..."

Three of them... What could they possibly hope to achieve here in Hosu...

"So you must be wondering where you fall in line with all this (y/n). Well, let's just say that my teacher would only let me use three out of six Nomus tonight. You're gonna help me make up for the difference." Shigaraki stated. Your brow furrowed.

I can't... I don't want to kill anyone...

"I WON'T-"

"You will." He cut you off sharply. "Otherwise you know what happens."

Fuck...

You didn't respond, your gaze only shifted to the ground as your body shook.

"Actually..." A malicious grin settled over Shigaraki's face. "Why don't you make the first move (y/n)? That should be fun." You looked back up.

"You bastard..." You growled.

"Dabi keep an eye on her and make sure she does her job. The nomus will move when I see an explosion. I will contact you when I am satisfied." Dabi huffed and rolled his eyes.

"Whatever. Let us go, I wanna get this over with." Dabi called to you. Once again you could say nothing.

This is what I have to do.

No... This is the only thing I can do.