Chapter 3

Disclaimer: Can you guess what it is? I don't own ze Naruto, but feel obligated to put this every chapter now since it was in the first and second.

Warnings: Mentions of violation, implied rape, and brief mention of date rape drugs.

Third person pov

Yoshino Nara, wife of the clan head Shikaku Nara, was a hardheaded and bold woman. She took pride in such, and Shikaku could honestly say he did too. Her attitude and spunk was the reason he'd fallen in love and married the woman. While brash in some ways, and rather strict, she was still a kindhearted woman. One who absolutely adored children: especially little girls. She felt she could connect with them better, being the only female in her house. She'd been a doctor for girl's specifically after finishing medical school, moving on to become a pediatrician once she realized she was going to get married soon. She wanted to be prepared for Shikamaru, as well as any challenges he might bring.

So when Yoshino opened the door to see her husband holding a frail, young girl who'd clearly been violated and who had clearly run for her life, you can bet she was more than a little upset. For a second, the woman couldn't speak. She couldn't quite process the horror in front of her, the one she'd never had the misfortune of seeing up until now. She stared at the girl for a full ten seconds before the gasp managed to escape her throat. 

"What happened?!" She cried, ushering her husband in. "Set her on the couch." The woman ordered. Shikaku did as told. "Marikai and I found her in the woods like this, passed out and looking like she'd been through hell and back. I can't imagine what the kid's been through." Shikaku said as Yoshino bustled around from the kitchen and back to the living room. "I can't believe someone would do something to such a poor, young girl." Yoshino said, wetting a cloth. 

"Can you do anything for her? I can still take her for the hospital, but figured that might freak her out." Shikaku said. "No, you did right bringing her here! Oh, this poor girl." Yoshino began to wipe the girl's face off lightly, dabbing the cuts with her warm cloth. "Get me a dry cloth." The woman ordered. Shikaku moved to do as told. "She's been injected with some sort of drug. I'm guessing it's a date rape drug, although it was injected probably and hour or two ago: maybe more. If it'd been a lethal dosage, she'd probably be dead by now. Somewhere far from here." Shikaku said. 

"Oh, that's horrible!" Yoshino cried, taking the dry cloth from her husband and using it to dry the face. The girl was pale, but very pretty. With long lashes, black hair and delicate features, it was clear why she was taken. "She can't be much younger than our Shikamaru." Yoshino whispered. "...I know." Shikaku looked away. Yoshino continued cleaning her face. "Well, go get me a bowl of water, some tweezers and the first aid kit. It should be in the bathroom cupboard." Yoshino requested. Shikaku moved to do as told. 

Yoshino grabbed some blankets out of the basket in the corner just as Shikaku returned with the bowl of water. "I'll be back." He grumbled, shuffling towards the hall. Yoshino set the blankets aside, eyeing the girl's attire. Shikamaru wasn't due home for a while, so she could probably kick Shikaku out and clean the girl's body a bit. Or at least get her into some new clothes. The poor girl was dressed like a hooker from East Konoha, a saddening sight. She couldn't image how terrified this girl had been.

"I'm guessing she got in through one of the water drains. It would explain all the mud." Shikaku voiced as he entered the room once more. "So she's not from inside the village." That comforted Yoshino slightly. The person, or people, who did this weren't living among them, and that was a huge relief. "Can you grab me one of Shikamaru's shirts and maybe a pair of his pajama bottoms? They'll be pretty big on her, but it's the closest thing we have." Yoshino said. "Of course." Shikaku set the first aid kid and tweezers down next to her, moving to do as he was told. Now was not the time to complain. This time, Yoshino wasn't ordering him around just because she could. This time, this time it was serious.

Yoshino didn't hesitate to start on the girl's feet. They were swollen and all sorts of things stuck in them. She figured she better do it now before she woke up, because Yoshino had no doubt that this would hurt. It was heartbreaking to see her small feet so battered. Yoshino pulled the girl a little so her feet hung off the side of the couch a little, putting a blanket down to catch anything that fell. Taking a deep, shaky breath, Yoshino began to lightly brush the bottoms of her feet with the wet cloth.

Shikaku re-entered the room to see his crying wife shakily brushing the dirt and small pebbles off the girls feet, as well as anything else that would come off. He felt something twinge inside him at the sight of his usually strong and grinning wife breaking down. He set down the small pile of clothes nearby, moving to comfort her. Yoshino stopped him, looking up at him. "I'm fine... I... This is just hard to see and deal with. Can you leave for a few hours so I can... so I can work on her?" Yoshino wiped at her face with her wrist. Shikaku let out a long, slow breath. 

"Yeah... I can do that. If you need anything, I'll be at the Hokage's office or my office." He planted a quick kiss on the top of his wife's head before exiting, slightly shaken from all these sudden events. His wife felt the same, but knew she had to stay strong for this little girl. Taking a deep breath, she continued pulling things from the girl's bleeding feet.