Chapter 33 ~ Stolen from the Night

PLEASE 

COMMENT

AND 

VOTE!!!

~ KC Blares

*******************************************************************************************************

Chapter 33 ~ Stolen from the Night

 KC’s P.O.V.

The cement floor beneath me was freezing, chilling me straight through the bone. The metal shackles chaffed my wrists and neck raw, a burning sensation washing through my body. Blood still flowed freely from my nose, droplets gathering on my lap, reddening the white shirt. The slim, not so large, white dress shirt only covered me from shoulders to knees and barely concealed my body, the outline of my undergarments visible through the light fabrics.

            “Show yourselves you freakin’ cowards!” I yelled, my voice hoarse and my mind swimming around my head nauseously. “What, are you afraid a girl’s going to kick your asses?” I howled, trying to draw them in. I was left alone in this tiny dark room with no windows, water, or food. It was just me, the chains, a door, and four stone walls. Guess these people weren’t used to having guests.

            “Come on!” I screamed, my voice slowly coming back. “I can take you with one clawed paw behind my back!”

            “Don’t tempt me, sweetheart” a low voice mocked through the door, making my muscles tense. It inched open with a haunting creek, a silhouette standing in the doorway, the light from outside blinding me momentarily. Once my vision adjusted, I glared up at my kidnapper.

            “You better have a death wish, dude,” I threatened, struggling against the restraints. He roared a deep laugh as he took another step closer, details coming into view. His features were sharp, his skin perfectly tanned but rigid and obscured with wrinkles. His hair was thin, light grey and streaked with white. A devilish goatee lined his square jaw and trailed above his slim lips, twisted into an amused and malicious grin.

            “Hush, little wolf,” he mused, kneeling in front of me. Another growl spilled from my lips as I eyed him like prey, not making any sudden movements. “If you behave like a good little girl, we won’t have any problems,” he instructed as though he were talking to a child. Slowly, my claws began extending from my fingertips, so carefully that the rogue before me didn’t seem to notice.

            “The only one with a problem here is you,” I remarked. “And that problem is me.” The rogue chuckled darkly, his cold blue eyes glinting dangerously. I narrowed my eyes at him, my hands gripping the chains tightly, but like normal chains would, they didn’t bend or tear.

            “Feisty, just my type,” he brushed the side of my face with his fingers affectionately, but his touch burned because I was officially a mated wolf. The flashback of the events before my kidnapping only built even more anger inside me. However, before I could snap at his fingers, he firmly grabbed my jaw, forcing me to look up at him. “It would be such a shame if I would have to kill you before I got what I wanted,” he sighed, my jaw beginning to ache from his constricting fingers.

            “Overconfident much?” I forced a grin of my own, knowing it would annoy the heck out of him. “Well, I’m sorry to say you’re wasting your time. Whatever it is you want, you ain’t going to get. I’m not much of a hostage if you’re aiming to get the Alpha’s attention,” I couldn’t help but spread my smile when his eyebrows rose in disbelief. Oh, I can’t wait to see what he’ll look like when he realizes I’m right.

            “We’ll see about that, sweetheart,” he simply replied, roughly releasing my jaw. He turned his back to me and that’s when I lunged, trying to shift while thinking the chains would break from my force. Instead, I was brutally pulled back, my head snapping back which was followed by a horrible burning pain consuming my neck. A coughing fit erupted from my lungs, blood seeping out from beneath the collar.

            “Stupid girl,” the rogue scoffed, glancing back at me. “There’s no way you’ll be able to shift while in those chains. Unless your goal is to decapitate yourself,” he chortled as he strolled out, the door slamming behind him and leaving me in the darkness once again. The growl I tried to force out came out like a strangled squeak of a mouse, my throat burning at the effort. I leaned my head back against the wall, the fresh blood reddening the color of my shirt.

Breathing heavily to try and refill my empty lungs, I looked down at the clasp around my wrist, carefully studying it. The faint shine in even complete darkness was odd, but it quickly identified what kind of metal it was. Silver. I should’ve known that when I couldn’t tear through them. That stuff if probably the only thing werewolves can’t get through. Well, my day just kept getting better and better. What next, I’ll have to take a leak with no chance of using a decent bathroom?

Probably shouldn’t have had all that punch at the dance.