Chapter Twenty-Four

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

With the new attacks of Justin and Sir Nicholas, students were flocking to the train to take the Hogwarts Express home for the holidays. Many of those who didn't sign up to stay originally had definitely changed their minds when they heard what happened. What really frightened them had been the fact that a ghost had been attacked, if something could attack a ghost, none of them stood the slightest of chances and they didn't want to take a risk if they had to. Milo noticed his mother's list dwindle and there was only a handful of students remaining by the time the holidays rolled about.

Milo noticed that his brother and his friends were remaining, along with Draco and his friends. He went to Harry, urging the boy to make different plans, he was sure that the Weasleys would love to have had them for the holidays. And of course, the offer still stood for Harry to spend the holidays with him and Cedric in Hogsmeade. But Harry was set in his ways and wanted to remain behind. Milo wasn't sure how to protect his brother if his brother wouldn't let him help in any way. If people didn't believe that Harry was the Slytherin Heir before, there weren't many people remaining that believed otherwise at that point. He had been found at the scene once more and with the way things had left off between Justin and Harry, it looked even worse. 

There was nothing else Milo could do and he had to come to terms with that. Cedric reassured him with Christmas coming up that Milo wouldn't even remember all the drama. After all, Christmas was one of the boy's favourite holidays and there would be plenty to keep him occupied and distracted. One of the distractions being the boy that was going to be sharing the room with him for the duration of the break. The faculty was remaining behind while the majority of the students were boarding the train, leaving Milo and Cedric to leave with Gwen and Rosmerta as they arrived to take the boys to Hogsmeade for the rest of the day.

Rosmerta treated them to The Three Broomsticks with some nice butterbeer to let the two relax and have no more talk about all the drama that was going on at the castle. The two were sitting at a small table watching as Paden became thrilled at the idea of tasting butterbeer again.

"He really likes the stuff, doesn't he?" Cedric asked watching as Paden went head first into Milo's butterbeer.

"I think he has a bit of a drinking problem," Milo giggled as Paden splashed about and chirped. "I did read once that Newt Scamander had a bowtruckle that he was mighty fond of. His name was Pickett and during his trip to the Americas, Pickett developed a taste for Pinnock's Gigglewater. He claimed it was the hardest habit to break, mainly because bowtruckles have the tendency to have obsessive behaviours if one isn't careful."

The two glanced down once more as Paden realised that they were talking about him somewhat as he surfaced and looked to Milo. The boy smiled down at him before offering his hand for the bowtruckle to climb out and dry off. It was quiet for a few minutes before a question on Cedric's mind came up and he felt the need to ask it.