Chapter 17.5

CHAPTER 17.5
Special Chapter: Jungkook's Letter to Taehyung.

Hello, Taehyung. Happy Birthday :)

The upper part of the message is written the night before your birthday. I'm up all night debating whether to send you the old letter I've been keeping, the one I did about a month or two ago in advance.

When we were still together.

But I know now is not the time to be sad about that.

I want to confess something, can I?

I had no sleep since the day you dumped me on that courtyard. But I'm not blaming you for doing so, I think I deserve it well.

It's just that... I can't stop thinking about you.

Let me just attach the letter I made months ago, I can't continue writing.

[ taehyung saw tear stain droplets exactly where the letter ended. behind the note was another paper that seemed a bit old and stocked, the one jungkook was probably talking about. ]

Happy Birthday to my sweetest ball of sunshine, Taehyung!

That was cringy, I'm sorry. But anyways, am I not too excited? Your actual birthday is next month, though I'm already stressing out about what to give you.

Not that it's a hassle! I just want it to be memorable. How about we go sky diving? :)

Wait, that was a joke. You know I can't afford anything on my own.

My parents are... abroad. Our house is empty because I stay in this dorm for faster travel to school.

What if I gift myself to you on your birthday? ;)

THAT WAS A SMILEY FACE! DON'T BE DECEIVED BY THIS PEN'S STUPID INK.

I know, I'm still a baby.

Your baby though :)

To be honest, my ideal birthday gift to you is just us acting lazy and cuddling under the same blanket the whole day.

I will sing into your ears and tickle you until you let me kiss you for the hundredth time.

But still, I will try my best to at least gift something to you. Something that will make you show that bright smile on your face elsewhere not just when you're hidden with me.

Though I know that our relationship is also keeping you from being happy

It's confusing right?

[ the old letter ends here., and the new letter continues.]

I never liked commitment.

I don't want to be attached to somebody, I have my reasons.

But meeting you, that was something new.

The love I felt for you was different, I want to give my everything to you, if you'll let me to.

Tae, I will not force you to come back if being distant and away from me will grant you happiness.

Though, can we be friends?

I can still love you, but from afar.

You don't have to be burdened by our relationship anymore. This time, I'll be the one to adjust and love you while you pretend to not know me.

Just like how you always did.

Hey Taehyung?

I still love you, sincerely.

Ignore me after this if you want, but I want you to know that...

You're my most beautiful moment in life.

---

a/n: that was jungkook's letter. taehyung is reading it at the moment in this story too. how do you think will he react? and if you were him, how would you react?

The next chapter is going to be this week, don't worry. hehe