Chapter 15: The lost brother

"Look who decided to finally show up." My uncle Derik smiled happily as he opened his arms wide for a hug. He had changed his armour into one with a dragon engraved into the black metal, a long black cape hanging from his shoulders. The black wings.

I watched him carefully with my eyebrows furrowed, looking at his dark brown locks that fell before his eyes, his long and lean body pacing in front of his men. He wasn't as bulky and muscled as my brother yet he looked more dangerous than he ever did.

"My favourite niece." Derik added and watched as I hesitantly walked to my brother's side. He noticed my defensive state, his smirk dropping to a snarl when I walked towards Aidan's side instead of his without a second thought.

Aidan and I exchanged glances, his worried and confused eyes telling me everything that I needed to know. The feeling in my stomach grew with each step that I took to the point that my whole body was shaking in fear and dread.

"Uncle, you were supposed to be outside with Stefan." My eyes went to his again. How am I going to get out of this? He has way more men than we do in here, she can't take him on like this. I glanced at his men behind him, all wearing malicious grins on their faces. If there's one thing I'm sure of, it's that they do not like me.

"Oh, my dear Cirilo." Derik chuckled darkly. "I think there's been a change of plans."

Aidan took in a deep breath beside me as his grip on his two-handed sword tightened. His brown thick eyebrows knotted together in hurt, his eyes looking at my uncle like he had just seen him kill our father.

I looked away from my brother and back at my uncle, dreading the answer to my question before I had even asked it. "And what kind of change may that be?"

"I think you know the general idea." Derik answered and stopped pacing. "You two, Aidan and Cirilla, you're smart enough to figure this out. Hopefully even smart enough to join me."

Aidan looked at me, trying to see what I was planning. When I looked back I saw him hesitate and Knew that I somehow needed to keep Aidan with me.

After all, I knew how attached he was to my uncle, how he always saw him as someone he wanted to become. His betrayal must be like a disaster to him, shattering his heart into two divided halfs.

"Depends on what you're planning." Aidan swallowed loudly, avoiding my gaze. He shifted uncomfortably under the weight that had suddenly been thrown onto his shoulders.

"Arthas needs to break free." Derik stated. When I tried to prptest, he put his arm up to silence me. "This isn't just about defeating the Jedi, Lyanna. You and your father only think about the short-term effects, only about our own planet. Think about the galaxy instead, about what we could achieve. Our whole lives we spent on this planet, it's time we go out and venture further into the galaxy."

"And do what exactly?" I lifted one eyebrow and crossed my arms before my chest.

"That's easy. With Arthas by our side, we could rule the galaxy. Just us four, reigning over billions of planets and over a thousand times more people. Just imagine it: we would be gods." His eyes shimmered with fascination.

"More like monsters." I muttered and felt Aidan's shocked glance on the side of my face.

"You think that the republic cares about our freedom? You think that they're all good, that they don't make any mistakes?! They do not think any differently than I am right now." My uncle defended himself. "You know what happened last time they visited our planet. Now after 2 days they've started to bombard the place! We need to battle force with even more force."