61 - Prince Wu Jian

"His highness, Prince Wu Jian has arrived"

Emperor Huizhong instantly sat up with a smile when his tall, handsome grandson strode into the throne hall. Everyone stood at the sight of the gorgeous young man. No one spoke while the expressionless Prince stood before Emperor Huizhong and cup his fists gave a slight bowed of his head.

"Wu Jian greets the Great Emperor of Wu Xi"

The young man voice was much deeper than how they remembered, but the strength and dominance in his voice had never change.

"Jian, come up here so I could see you"

No one even blink an eye when Wu Jian stepped up the golden stairs to stand directly before the emperor. No one but the emperor was ever allowed on the throne. The Prince of Wu Xi, Wu Jian had always been the exception to that rule.

"Good-good" Emperor Huizhong laughed as he patted his grandson's strong arm. "You look well Jian"

It's rare for the cold Prince to smile, but from time to time, he would give that charming smiles of his to the dotting grandfather.

"I heard you took a Wang Fei" Emperor Huizhong asked with a grin.

Everyone – mostly Ting, perked up their ears hoping to hear Wu Jian's response.

"Yes"

"Why did you not bring her here to see me?" The emperor eyes held a playful glint.

"My Wang Fei needs her rest"

Wu Jian's direct response surprised not only Emperor Huizhong but everyone else as well. My Wang Fei? No one expected for him so sound possessive - especially over a woman.

"J_ Jian-ge" Ting's voice shook. "You can't possibly like a common girl like that... You don't right?"

Wu Jian didn't even glance at Ting when she spoke to him. In fact, he hadn't look at her or anyone since he entered.

"Grandfather"

Emperor Huizhong's brow rose with interest. This proud and arrogant grandson of his never calls him grandfather in front of others. In fact, Wu Jian rarely ever calls him grandfather anymore. It had always your majesty or Great Emperor.

"Give my Wang Fei a title"

Dead silence – everyone was too stunned to breath out any words.

"Oh?" Emperor Huizhong just smile and spoke casually. "And what title should I give your Wang Fei?"

"1st rank Princess"

"Jian-ge!" Ting cried out.

A first rank Princess was equal to the Crown Princess in status. For a 1st rank Princess, she can only be match up with a noble or Prince. Unless you are the Emperor or the Crown Prince, you can only have the 1st Rank Princess as your wife. Even if she dies, he can never take a second wife – only concubines.

"Umm" Emperor Huizhong made a thoughtful sound before he spoke. "I have not seen your Wang Fei yet. Until I do, I will hold this request"

"Your majesty" Ting was practically in tears. "You cannot be serious, how can you allow Jian-ge to_"

Ting had forgotten where she was and rushed to the golden steps.

"Your majesty, you cannot_"

Ting stopped after her first step on the stair to the throne. Wu Jian eyes were deadly when look at her. His expression made her heart tremble with fear. Ever since she was a small child, she had hope for Wu Jian to look at her as a woman. She had wanted to be reflected in his dark gray eyes. And yet, the look he gave her was empty and cold.

"It seems you've been lenient these years your majesty" Wu Jian smirked. "When did you allow little girl to speak out of turn? And for someone to step on the throne?"

Realizing her errors, Ting covered her mouth and stepped back away from the stairs. Her mother quickly went to her side to shields her.

"Prince Jian, Ting is only_"

"I don't recall allowing just anyone speak this Prince name" Wu Jian disregard his distant aunt - turning back to his grandfather with a cold tone. "Hmph, it seems your people has become too insolent your majesty"

Emperor Huizhong only chuckled at Wu Jian's foul mood. Toward his grandfather, the Great Emperor of Wu Xi, Wu Jian's attitude was bold and daring as ever. Ever since Wu Jian was a child, he had been cold hearted and uncaring toward people he deemed unworthy and bothersome. It doesn't matter if you share the same blood. If he doesn't like you, he will not show any compassion.

"Jian, no need to scare the children" Like the Emperor, Crown Prince dotted on Wu Jian greatly. "Everyone, take your leave"

While it was clear that no one wanted to leave – mainly Ting, but seeing the irritation on Wu Jian's expression, they reluctantly left.