Chapter 19: Babies and Wanting

Ok so here's the thing: this chapter is 8 months after the last. Nothing's really happened besides school and couple goals and therapy. So here you go!!

- JAMES' POV -
Angie and I are lying in bed. It's only 8 pm, but with this baby, she's been getting tired earlier. We're only a week from her due date, so this baby can come at any time. We found out the gender a while ago: a girl. I was so excited. We had been thinking of names for a while now and have decided on either Rachel Renee, after our mothers, or Jasmine Elise, because we really liked the name.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts by Angie hitting my shoulder.

"What's up, Angel?" I say. What if she's having the baby?

"You fucking idiot! My water broke and I'm having contractions! The baby's coming! Get the bag!" She hisses at me and I'm standing for a second, not knowing what to do. She whacks my shoulder again and I grab the baby bag and car keys as she puts on her flip flops.

I drive to the hospital fast, calling everyone on the way:

Call 1: To: Alexander Hamilton Time: 8:36 pm
"Alex!"

"Hey James, what's up? Is Angie having the baby?" He asks

"Yep. Meet us at Princeton Hospital. I have to call everyone else, love you." I say hurriedly.

"Ok. Love you, see you soon." I end the call and dial Eliza.

Call 2: To: Eliza Schuyler Time: 8:39 pm

"Liza! Angie's having the baby, Princeton Hospital!" I say, not wanting to waste time.

"Oh my gosh! I'll let you call everyone else! See you soon!" She squeals at the end of her sentence and she hangs up.

Time to call Peggy.

Call 3: To: Peg Schuyler Time: 8:40

"Is she having the baby?" Peggy says as soon as she answers her phone.

"Hello to you too. And yeah, she's having contractions right now and her water broke." I say.

"Holy shit. Princeton, right? I'll be there soon." We pull into the parking lot and I ask Peggy to tell everyone else to meet us here.

We rush into the birthing ward and we're rushed into a room where Angie's midwife, a doctor and a few nurses are. She's stripped out of her leggings and sweatshirt and put in a hospital gown. The contractions are getting more and more frequent and painful, coming ever few seconds. The doctor tells her to push on the next. I'm sitting next to her, and she's holding my hand. God, she has a hell of a grip.

"We're here!" Alex, Peggy and Eliza chorus as they run in.

"Where's everyone else?" I ask.

"They had to wait. They'd only let us as we're siblings." Alex explains quickly. Eliza and Peggy are talking to Angelica, holding her other hand.

"Push now!" The doctor yells and Angie screams as she does. We've been in the hospital for about an hour. This baby is coming fast.

Angelica squeezes my hand and I cringe from the pain. Then, I hear a cry and my beautiful girlfriend sighs, happy that it's over.

"Good job Angie!" Eliza praises.

"Congrats Angelica!" Peggy tells her.

"That was badass, A!" Alex says. What a shock, he's the only one who just had to incorporate swearing into his. That's my brother.

"I love you so much, Angel." I say, kissing her sweaty forehead, then sort of regretting it. It was a little gross because of the sweat.

A few minutes later, a doctor comes in bouncing our swaddled baby.