Teddy Lupin x Reader

Requested by: So-Cute-Kelc

(A/N It's close enough to Christmas right? XD)

The train is cold and you can see your breath clouding in front of you. The entire cabin fogs up with each new breath and you use your sleeve to wipe the window. It only smears the view, but at least you have something to look at on the long ride. Anything to distract your mind from your destination, even if it's the dull hills covered in an even layer of snow. The metal is cold even through your coat as you lean against the side of the cabin. 

As the train stretches across miles of land your mind starts to wonder. Amongst the snow, buildings appear. The usual greenery covered in snow and the trees dusted white. There was one particular building that caught your eye. It looked like houses piled on top of each another like a balancing game. Ceilings collided and walls disappeared into one another. 

You shake your head, knowing it's merely a figment of your imagination. The Burrow is far away. The train is headed in almost the opposite direction of it, towards London. 

That makes your mind wander to London. You know the station well, the cobblestone floors and brick walls dividing platforms. The unmarked brick wall that you ran into every year, a small part of your stomach leaping into your throat by instinct. You would never quite get used to charging head first into solid brick walls. The station was always bustling with people, who were all far too busy to notice groups of teenagers disappearing into walls. 

This Christmas it would be different though. You wouldn't be waving your friends goodbye as you disappeared into the crowds with your family. You wouldn't be writing letters everyday to keep in touch with your friends, instead they would be in the room next to you. As wonderful as the thought was, it still brought butterflies to your stomach. Even after rehearsing in your head the whole train ride, you still weren't sure just what to say to your hosts. 

This year, instead of staying with his Godfather, your boyfriend, Teddy, is staying with the Weasleys at the Burrow. That only eases your nervousness slightly. Even if you won't be around famous witches and wizards all day, they were bound to be around often, especially because it's the holidays. 

You rip yourself out of your own thoughts, focusing on the cabin around you and trying to keep your breath steady. You look down at the fog rising from your mouth each time, making sure it wasn't too often or too quick. All is well for now. 

You feel a grip on your hand tightening. Out of the corner of your eye you can see Teddy flashing you a concerned look before turning back to his friend across from him. You can't decipher what they're saying but it doesn't bother you. 

Curling up deeper into the scarf around your neck, you lift your feet up and set them on the seat across from you. Your legs don't quite reach and you slump down in the plush seat to rest your feet. The position is rather uncomfortable for your neck, but seeing Teddy cock an eyebrow at you makes you stay put. 

"It's comfy," You mutter.

"Is it?" He chuckles lightly.

You slump lower down, forcing your hand to slip out of his. "Very," You say, sticking out your tongue. 

You hear a snicker from the person on the other side of the cabin, Teddy's friend Heather. You mutter to her to shut up but no one hears you. The scarf is up to your nose and you're scared you'll lose your balance if you lift up your arms in any way. 

This goes on for a while. Teddy only looks over when he thinks you won't notice. His expression is both confused, amused, and worried. It's a look you get a lot from him, when he can't quite decide if he should stop you from doing something stupid or just see it play out.