chapter eighteen

Updating this story again in celebration of my 18th birthday!!

Taehyung's P.O.V

I've been avoiding Josh for the past days. He's hurt and even though he was at fault for kissing me when I obviously have a boyfriend I'm still feeling guilty. I really need to talk this out with him because he's my roommate and I can't keep ignoring him forever.

Jungkook has started becoming very clingy. Whenever I go somewhere he wants to know where or he goes with me. My hand is always intertwined with his when we walk together. At lunch he always wraps his arm around my shoulder or waist. Though I enjoy the attention, making me blush often, it still worries me. It's probably because he saw Josh kissing me and is afraid to lose me but I've told him enough times already how much I love him.

"Kookie", I call out to the younger who's busy writing an essay. I'm sitting on his bed, keeping him company as Hoseok is in one of his classes. He hums signalizing he's listening.

"I'm thinking of talking things out with Josh", I sigh, noticing his muscles tensing.

"Why?", he asks suspiciousness lacing his voice. He turns around now to face me.

"Because he's my roommate and he's obviously hurt-"

"And you don't think I am?", Jungkook frowns, clenching the pen in his hand.

"O-of course", I stutter, not wanting to anger him, "B-but I w-want to know his intentions".

Jungkook scoffs, "He obviously likes you and wants to steal you away from me. Are you going to let that happen?"

"What? No!", I panic, seeing the cold expression taking over his features, "I pushed him away Jungkook, I don't like him that way. He was a good friend before the kiss happened. I just don't want to end things this way".

He keeps quiet for a few moments, turning back around.

"I don't care if you talk to him or not", he says after some time, "As long as he doesn't touch you again".

"He won't", I say honestly, "I won't let that happen".

"But last time you did", he mumbles and even though I ignore the silent comment, it still hurts. How was I supposed to know he had been planning to kiss me? We were just talking about music for god's sake!

I get off the bed and walk out of the room without saying goodbye. He won't say it back anyway. Making my way over to my dorm I notice Seong walking furiously out of our room. Does Josh know her? I watch her disappear into another hallway and knock on the door, waiting for Josh to open it cause I'm too lazy to search for my keys.

"Taehyung?"

He seems shocked I'm standing here.

"It's still my dorm too you idiot", I roll my eyes and push past him, hearing him close the door.

"So how do you know Seong?", I decide to immediately ask. He freezes for a moment but quickly recomposes himself.

"Um- I- we knew each other from highschool? And-"

"Okay stop, you're very bad at lying", I hold my hand up, "Just speak the truth or otherwise I'm not forgiving you".

"Wait what?", he asks confused, eyes twinkling, "You're planning on forgiving me?"

"Yeah...", I shrug, "If you tell me why you did it and how you actually know Seong".

He falls back on his bed and crosses his legs, "She contacted me as soon as I got this dorm. I had no idea who she was or what she wanted at first. I wasn't really planning on listening till she said she could make me and my friend's band famous. Of course I was interested after that, not caring what I had to do. It couldn't be bad I thought-".

"She wanted me and Jungkook to break up", I interrupt him and his sheepish glance tells me enough.

"I was supposed to make Jungkook very jealous. First I had to get close to you until you trusted me enough. After that all I had to do was kiss you in front of him and the plan would go on after that", he sighs, ruffling his hair frustrated, "But it got more complicated when I started having actual feelings for you-"

My eyes widen at those words. "What?"

"You're such a giant happy fluffball Taehyung, how can you not expect people to fall for you? That kiss... wasn't supposed to be seen by Jungkook. I had no idea he was coming to visit you. I told Seong that I wasn't going through with the plan because I obviously hurt your relationship with Jungkook just because of my own selfish action".

I fumble with the loose ends of my sweater, not daring to look up at him.

"I-I guess you didn't see that coming", he stutters, sighing deeply afterwards, "I'm sorry for everything I did".

"It's okay", I speak up with a small voice, "You told me the truth and your honest intentions. I'm sorry I can't return your feelings but I'm sure we can stay friends, if that's okay for you".

"Totally", he grins, twirling his snapback around in his hands, "I'm so happy you forgave me Taehyung".

"I'm glad", I smile, "I should probably tell Jungkook about this".

He scratches the back of his neck awkwardly, "Yeah um please tell him I'm apologizing to him too".

I smile at his blushing face, "Will do Josh, don't worry. It's all good now".

🍃

It's been ageees since I last updated this book. I kept procrastinating it because I think this story has such a lame plot and tbh it was my first ever vkook fanfic and didn't think it through.