Castle Full of Enemies

Previously...

Cora and the Ice King are on bad terms.

Cora makes a deal with the Fire King to earn his trust...he can not tell King Titus about her escape stunt, and in time, she will tell him where Prince Sebastian 'is'.

Esmeralda asks Cora to help her attract King Titus...

CORA

The smoldering heat from the Fire King's room still lingered behind me as I approached Esmeralda, standing near my bed

The smoldering heat from the Fire King's room still lingered behind me as I approached Esmeralda, standing near my bed. I hoped she could feel its fiery presence rolling off of me like fog on a mountain as I burned holes into her eyes.

"Tell me how to make King Titus desire me," she demanded for the second time. Her eyes returned a look just as vicious as my own, instead; hers were filled with a chilling and swift wind that cut through a forest.

"Make Titus desire you?" I scoffed. "One could only image what would happen if I didn't."

"I would tell the King that I caught you sneaking out," she gracefully stated while flipping a perfectly curled white strand of hair out of her face. Esmeralda was beautiful and could have any man she wanted, yet she chose to be conniving and evil, plotting for a man whose heart was taken. Maybe her and Titus were truly perfect for each other.

The idea of them together was still off putting, making me shiver as if standing on the top of a lonely ice glacier. My heart still hurt from his beyrayal. My heart still wanted to love him; it was my mind that chose to hate him instead.

I wouldn't show Esmeralda how hurt I actually was, though. Instead, I smirked and took another step in her direction, swiftly closing the distance between us.

"Titus would screw you and toss you aside as if you never existed. But if that's what you want...if that is what will keep you from telling him about me..." I gave her my signature, sarcastic grin. "I'll do it."

Esmeralda returned a winded laugh. "What you don't understand is this. Once I have a man within my grip, they won't want to leave."

"Then why did the prince leave you?" I smirked, folding my arms in a defensive stance. I wouldn't allow her the satisfaction of seeing me waver, even though deep down I felt as if I was breaking even more. Titus was the man that I loved not even days ago...

"I think you are simply jealous. Weren't you and King Titus dating before he took power? If that's the case, you are the one he screwed and tossed to the side like you never existed," Esmeralda stated. "I'm not the one in chains, tucked away in a room no one knows about. You are. Oh, but don't look so disheartened, Cora. It isn't very becoming of you."

"I should slap the ice out of you."

"But you wont, because I have the advantage," she laughed and I wanted so badly to crush her smile. "And I also have something else. The truth."