Chapter Thirty-Three

"What's the matter, Becky?" Linc struggled to keep up with her. "Are you and Rob fighting again?"

"No. Yes. No. I don't know."

"You're crazy." Linc laughed. "Becky! Wait!" He couldn't keep up. Damn leg. Linc sighed. He slowed to walking pace and looked at his sister's back. She'd eventually work out he wasn't behind her.

When he turned the corner, Becky was leaning on the wall of the shop. She pushed off and matched her steps with his. "I'm sorry, Linc."

He shrugged. "Doesn't matter. If you keep fighting with Rob he's not gonna like you anymore. Just like Mum and Dad didn't like each other and it's because of fighting. It makes people hate each other."

"Mum and Dad didn't hate each other." Becky bit her lip. Of course, they hated each other but there were many circumstances Linc wasn't aware of and she didn't want him to see their parents in a bad way.

"I'm not stupid, Becky. Fighting makes people hate each other and it's always because one person is the baddie. Like Dad. He's the baddie and he fights with everyone. Now you're gonna be just like him cause you're always fighting with Rob and he's the goodie." Linc looked up at her with sad eyes. "Why does the goodie always like the baddie?"

"That's not true. And I'm not a baddie." Becky sucked in a breath. Maybe she was the baddie but Rob just wanted to use her and she couldn't tell Linc that.

"Well Mum was a goodie and she liked Dad and Rob's a goodie and he likes you."

"Rob doesn't like me, Linc."

Linc laughed again. "Yes he does. I saw him trying to kiss you. I'm not blind and that's what boys do when they like a girl. Carl told me. And Rob's always looking at you and trying to make you look at him and smile and he said sorry to you even though it was you being rude." Linc huffed and tried to walk faster so he could show his disapproval. "You're so stupid, Becky."

Becky let him go and sauntered behind him. Did Rob like her? But it was just a sex thing. He wanted to get his own way with her because she was a slut. Becky smiled at the pavement. She wasn't really a slut and she was pretty sure Rob knew it so, why was he trying to have sex with her? He was wasn't he? Isn't that what he'd said in the pool? Well, if she hadn't heard right she'd certainly felt it. Becky smiled again. He definitely didn't have a small dick.

She thought about his reason for asking to be moved in maths. Maybe he was telling the truth because he never sat still and his leg was always rubbing up and down on hers. She liked it and now she was going to miss it. Becky exhaled and frowned. Shit. She did like him. Another thought crossed her mind. What was the reason he had given to Mr. Campbell to get him to agree to move him? It must have been good because Mr. Campbell didn't take any crap. Maybe she'd try to talk to Rob tonight at the game.

*****

"Where the fuck have you two been?"

Their father was in a mood. Becky studied his face. His eyes were red. She could see agitation rippling through his body. Becky pushed Linc gently behind her.

Her father grabbed her by the top of the arm. "What the fuck are you looking at?"

"Nothing." Becky gave him a smile. "We were just at the shops, Dad." She knew it was coming but the sting of her father's backhand brought water to her eyes. "I'm sorry, Dad. It was my fault. I wanted to look at the shops."

"You're a selfish fucking bitch dragging that poor little bastard around with you everywhere." He hit her again. "Get to your fucking room. Now!"

Becky sucked in her breath and steered Linc into the bedroom they shared. She could see tears in her brother's eyes. Becky drew in another breath as she closed the door. She had to stay strong. "It's okay, Linc. It didn't hurt." Becky sat on the bed and pulled Linc into a hug. She ran her hand down his head. "He's high. You know how he gets when he's been on it, so don't worry about it. He'll calm down soon, so we'll just stay in here for a while." Becky looked at Linc's face and smiled. "Let's do our homework then we'll have the whole weekend free to do other stuff."

Linc nodded and dried his eyes. He touched the swollen red mark on his sister's face. "You're not really a baddie, Becky. I'm sorry I said that."

"Hey. I know." Becky gave him another hug. "Linc. We're not going to be able to go to the game tonight."

"I know, Becky." He sighed. "I hope Rob won't be angry because I'm not gonna play tomorrow. I think even half a game might be too much for my leg."

"Thanks, Linc." She hugged him again. Tears ran down Becky's face. He was sacrificing his game because he knew she wasn't going to be able to go out until the swelling on her face went down. "I love you."

"I love you too, Becky."

Copyright © 2017 by Donna Fieldhouse. All rights reserved. .

Now it's getting serious :( 

Hang in there.

Thank you all. Please remember to vote, comment and follow.

I really appreciate it