Chapter Forty Four : Silver Masked

*Dedicated to : @resangaimiji *
For her fabulous love and support for this book. Thanks a lot!! 💓❤️

*******

[Unedited]

******

Karen's POV:

Its been a while since he traumatized everyone with his side that was usually hidden. Whoever provoked it is not going to a good road, I can assure. He will kill everyone involved in this.

And the scariest part is... they won't die simple.

I sat at the ledge of the window with a shawl wrapped around me like a shroud. I have been trying to help but I cannot in this condition of mine. Nigel told me to rest and Mr. Aldrick provided me the shawl. The old man accompanied me for a while until I calmed down.

I am a vampire. Yes, but I cannot face the gruesome side with blood and bodies. I get sacred, numb and confused to watch such a horror.

Placing my head against the glass, I watched the droplets on the opposite side of the window trickle down the smooth surface. Who could possibly do this?

I don't think Byron would do such a thing. Registering the suppression on him and his kingdom, he wouldn't dare to put his life and throne stake.

I stood up on my trembling feet, hugging myself closer and took small baby steps ahead. The warm castle had turned abnormally cold and unlikable as if not just this palace but the whole city had lost its charm.

Treading towards my room taking the support of the nearby wall, I stood still when a scraping sound resonated in the whole corridor.

It grew louder like thuds and pounding of chains and shackles against floor. Dragging myself with quite a speed, I reached the ruined throne room and hid behind the half opened and burnt wooden door.

A menacing dark shadow hovered over a man who had blood on his clothes and arms, hunched on his fours and glancing at the pair of red eyes and dark figure which stood a step ahead.

"I don't know." The voice croacked.

Connor, the king's right hand man with a whip smacked his back and I winced back in fear. Even though the man was facing it, I was the one to feel terrorized.

The man on his fours, groaned in pain and spat, "Whatever you are saying has nothing to do with me. I did talk to her. Yes. Yes, I was fascinated but I couldn't think of hurting someone this innocent like you do, Henry!"

The dark figure's side glowed due the fire used as light in the corner once he took a step back. It was Henry.

I never knew he could be this frightening.

"Where?" Henry growled.

"I. Am. Not. Involved." The man with blonde hair, I suppose was Byron firmly emphasized each word.

"I have seen rats like you with their defying sides in my past years. Most of the evidences are strongly against you. I can annihilate you and give you a death worse than your nightmares." Henry took hold of his neck and positioned it up.

Byron laughed loudly and spat aside, "Go ahead. That's what you are known for, killing the innocents."

Upon loosing his cool, Henry punched his face and Byron who was tangled in chains fell to his side. Connor threw another whip at him and he made a screeching sound. The noise of swords in the background and the guard bringing a container of boiling water made the scenario worse. It was horrifying with Henry before Byron like a devil punishing a human for the grim mistake and the few soldiers like mourning spirits ready to pounce on his dead body.