Chapter Thirty-Five

Becky peered out of the window from behind the curtain. She watched Rob stare across the street at her house. He started his car and drove slowly away.

Thank God, Linc was asleep when he turned up. If Linc had answered the door and had shown that they knew him she would probably have got more than another slap in the face.

She crawled onto her bed and lay looking up at the ceiling. She was so sick of her life. School, work, boys, and living on the edge because of her fucking dysfunctional father.

Trin was her only real friend. There was Drew, but he was in a different pigeonhole to Trin. He was the only one who knew her father was a drug addict and that he hit her. Drew had similar problems. They vowed not to tell anyone else and to be there for each other when they needed to be.

Trin knew more about Becky than any other girl but she didn't know the real Becky. Not the heart and soul Becky. She didn't even know Becky was smart. Trin only knew what Becky allowed her to know. She played down her marks and always made sure she wasn't top of the class. Couldn't have the teachers making a fuss. That wouldn't be a problem now Rob Jarvis was in most of her classes.

Becky couldn't recall exactly when her behaviour changed. It just happened. It was easy to put on a front rather than be the real her. Being an, I don't give a shit slut, was a great shield. The only way she knew that worked at protecting herself from the outside world. It kept people from trying to get close to her.

When she got out of this dump, she'd be whoever she wanted to be and no one would know slut Becky ever existed.

She thought about Rob. When he'd looked at her that very first time, and then laughed, it was like he knew she was putting on a front. She remembered opening her legs in English hoping to shock him but he looked at her as if to say, 'Are you for real? You're not the type of girl who does this.' It'd jarred her so much that she'd had to look away. He'd made her feel ashamed.

After that, she had tried to play the game a little harder. She thought it had worked up until Scott's party. At first, she thought he had dragged her into the bedroom for a fuck, validating her theory.

Every guy was a prick as far as she was concerned, and didn't give a shit about anyone other than themselves.

Then he'd kissed her. He'd basically said that he'd done it to prove she wouldn't go through with it. Said she'd, iced up, on him. Becky sighed and thought about him pressed up hard against her.

Oh. It'd felt so right. Had triggered sensations she'd never felt before. It had scared her. Then he'd called her Lizzy. Now he was at it again. Pushing against her. Causing her stomach to flutter. Saying he wanted to finish what he started.

A tear trailed down Becky's cheek. She wasn't stupid. He wanted to use her like all the others did. Becky lay there puzzled. What the hell did he think he was doing turning up at her house? No one came to her house. Not Trin. Not Drew. She made them meet her at the park on the corner. But no... not fucking Jerky Jarvis and his perceptive eyes. He had turned up causing her trouble.

Now he'd know she came from scum. Was scum. Another tear trickled down her face. Becky rolled on her side and hugged her pillow. What was she going to do?

Copyright © 2017 by Donna Fieldhouse. All rights reserved.

Super short chapter this one.  I hope you like it.