Chapter Three

The bell rang and Addie sprang up from her seat and grabbed my arm.
"Lets go to our next class!"
"Addie." Warren said groaning. He grabbed her arm and gave me an apologetic look.
"What?" She asked pouting.
"Give them sometime alone." He murmured in her ear. He didn't thinks that I could hear him. She nodded and Warren, Addie and Rena all left. I sensed my mate standing behind me.
"Hey," he said quietly.
"Thanks for covering for me." I said.
"It wasn't a problem. I would have gotten in trouble too." I smile and him. He walked me to class, we weren't late this time. The rest of the classes went by quickly. I had all of them with Warren, Addie, Rena, and Travis. The school was so small they just spilt the grade down the middle and made two classes of each subject. It was lunchtime, and I didn't have any money. There was a table all the way in the corner so I sat there. I hear footsteps and I look up a nod I see Addie and Warren. They sit across from me. Brock and Pat sit down followed by two other boys me two other girls. Travis comes and sits next to me. His arm brushes mine as he does.
"Is this your table?" I ask.
"No, we wanted to sit with you!" Addie says.
"I'm Louise." The girl with blonde hair and brown eyes says.
"I'm Jenni." The girl with brown hair and green eyes says.
"I'm Fred," the boy sitting next to Jenni said. He had black hair.
"And I'm Adam." The boy who was sitting next to Louise said. He had light blonde hair. Stiff the air, they are all wolves other than Addie and Jenni. Rena comes next and sits next to Brock.
"Hey again." Being with this many people and being cornered puts me on edge. I stiffen and me spread legs, ready to run. It's what I do best.
"Aren't you eating?" Travis asks.
"I left my money at home." He frowns and pushes his tray over.
"We can share." I shake my head. "Why not?" I sigh and pick up a chip and eat it, knowing he won't stop.
"Where are you from?" Brock asks.
"New York."
"I love it there!" Jenni says. "We should go sometime," she says turning to Fred. The way they look at each other I know they are mates. I feel a pang of guilt and sadness. I will never have that.
Look to your right! My cat says.
I can't stay!
Why not?
They'll hurt him.
He's an alpha, they won't be able to hurt him.
He's an alpha?
I feel the power his wolf gives off.
I cant be Luna! I'm a cat!
We can do it.
No we can't! Some one touches my arm and I jump. I turn and see Travis looking at me.
"You look lost in thought." I smile and shake my head. I try to ignore the sparks, but I still feel them. Everyone at the table is having their own conversions. Soon lunch is over and I go to my next class. I only have two more classes and then the day is over. We have lunch late in the day. The classes go by quickly. I only have Jenni in my next two classes. She is nice and fun to talk to.
After class I go my locker and start to pack my bag. I walk out the double doors and start to walk faster. Holly has to wait ten minutes everyday for my school to be let out. It worries me that she is alone.
"Hey Bria!" Travis says. I turn and see him jogging towards me. "Do you want a ride?"
"No I have to pick my sister."
"We have room." I shake my head but he takes my hand. When we get to the car I see Fed is driving and Jenni is in the front seat. I sit in the back with my mate.
"The elementary school is where my sister is." Fed nods and starts to drive.
"How was your first day?" Jenni asks. Jenni is very quiet and sweet.
"It was good." She nods and smiles.
"I hope you like it here." I nod and become very aware of my mate staring at me. He pulled into the parking lot and I got out of the car to see my sister. She was standing at the entrance. She skipped over to me and hugged me around my waist.
"Hol, we are going in the car. I don't think they will hurt us, but be careful." I whisper in her ear. She now and hugs me tighter. I leads her over to the car and sit in the middle. It's a force of habit to alway be ready to get Holly out before me. It turned out to be a big mistake, as my arm brushed against Travis'.
"Hi," Jenni said smiling at her,
"Hi!" She said loudly.
"You never were shy Holly." I say laughing along with everyone else. "How was your day?"
"It was great, I made so many new friends! It was Awesome!" I laugh and ruffle her hair. "Don't mess up my hair!" Everyone laughs and she attempt to fix her hair.
"Where to?" Fred asks. I tell him and he smiles.
"That's right where we live!" Jenni says.
"It's just down the block." Travis says. I inwardly groan. Why does he have to live so close? We drive past their house and Travis points. "There's our hose." It is huge, it a pack house I'm guessing.
"Wow! It's huge." Holly says and the whole car laughs.
"All of our family lives there." They drop us off at home and I smile at them.
"Thanks for the ride," I say. I close the car door and walk up to the house. I unlock the door and walk in, dropping my bag as I do so.
"Who are they?"
"Friends. You know the boy I was sitting next to, Travis?" She nods and I continue, "he's my mate."
"Were mom and dad mates?" I nod. "Were they happy?"
"Very." Our parents died when Holly was two, so she didn't remember them. I sit on the couch with my head in my hands. It would hurt him so badly when I reject him.
I'm not letting you reject him! My cat said in my head.
It's better than just leaving, he'll always look for me then!
He'd look for you even if you reject him! I shake my head and sigh. Holly sits next to me.
"What's it like, having someone else in your head? I'm talking about Megaera." She said. Megaera is my inner cat's name.
"Annoying, she's always jabbering in my head." Holly laughs and I open my eyes. "Sometimes she controls you, it's scary." I sigh and rub my eyes. "Do you want dinner Holly?"