70 - Rebel

At the same time in the royal court, the meeting had adjourned. Just before Wu Jian turned to leave, the Emperor ordered him to the Royal Study. No one was surprised that a Prince was allowed in the Royal Study where only the Emperor and Crown Prince could enter. While it had been a great honor for anyone to enter the Royal Study, Prince Wu Jian only scowled.

Once they were in the study, Wu Jian sat in the seat closest to the door. Emperor Huizhong was behind his dragon desk, casually reading through the pile of scrolls while the Crown Prince was drinking tea. Wu Jian had known his grandfather was testing his patience by purposely calling him into the Royal Study. Not the type to back down, Wu Jian sat back and drink his tea in silence. He will not fall into the Emperor's trap and be the first to speak. His uncle, the Crown Prince, sighed softly at the obvious mind games the Emperor and the Prince was playing.

"Jian" The Crown Prince was the first to speak. "The other day, you must know your grandmother had only good intention. You are after all her dearest grandson"

Wu Jian didn't respond and continue to drink his tea with his usual unreadable expression.

"To avoid these trivial troubles with the Empress, Jian can you compromise with her" The Crown Prince continues gently. "Have Ting as Wang Fei and the Marquess daughter as a concubine"

When Wu Jian set his cup down gently, the room became arctic. Leaning back lazily against the arm chair, an elbow to the armrest and his chin on his fist, Prince Wu Jian is the reflection of his grandfather, Emperor Huizhong. That empty smiles and eyes were inherited directly from the Great Emperor of Wu Xi.

"Jian" His uncle knew he was treading on ice so he continues carefully. "No woman is worth such troubles – especially one with such backgrounds"

Wu Jian completely disregards his uncle - the Crown Prince. As if the man didn't just speak to him, Wu Jian's dark eyes went to the Emperor.

"When will you bring her here to see your grandfather" Emperor Huizhong didn't seem to be fazed by Wu Jian empty smiles.

"Ruyi's beauty is only for Wu Jian's eyes"

Emperor Huizhong chuckled softly at Wu Jian's straightforward answer. Leaned back lazily on his dragon chair like his grandson, Emperor Huizhong continued to study Wu Jian.

"Your grandmother is currently forcing her way through your estate to get to the Wang Fei" Emperor Huizhong spoke casually.

"It's not easy to infiltrate this Prince's estate" Jian replied indifferently. "The Great Emperor of Wu Xi should already know"

"Sooner or later, she will get her way" Emperor Huizhong chuckled.

"Not before corpses and bones pile at her door"

The Crown Prince sighed heavily while the Emperor laughed loudly. Emperor Huizhong loves this grandson of his because of his fearlessness. Rather than upset, the Emperor was rather pleased.

"Your Wang Fei must be exceptional if you're willing to fight with your grandmother"

"Don't jest your majesty" Wu Jian snorted with a smirk. "It will be an insult to my enemies to call this a fight. The Empress has become senile if she thinks she can stand on the same ground as this Prince"

Again, the Emperor laughed. No one in the East World would dare speak like that about the Empress Wenqian of Wu Xi. The woman was after all his Empress – the Mother of all Nations.

"You put me in a difficult position Jian" The Emperor smiled at his grandson. "You know I have to side with my Empress"

Wu Jian only smirked and reached for his cup of tea again. Emperor Huizhong watched with amusement as Prince Wu Jian drank his tea as if he had no care or trouble in the world. Once he was done, he placed the empty cup back down and stood.

"If that's all, Wu Jian will take his leave" Wu Jian cupped his fist toward the Emperor.

"Jian" Emperor Huizhong stopped Wu Jian as he was at the door. "Hiding her will do neither of you any good. Bring her to next month celebration"

Wu Jian didn't respond and continued toward the doors.

"Jian" This time the Crown Prince stopped him. "She won't last if you don't show her your world. Ignorance may be bliss but fools are useless. You of all people should understand"

Only then did Wu Jian turned and faced his uncle. There was no longer any smile on his face, but a pair of cold empty eyes.

"To taint Ruyi with this world, I rather have her caged and hidden" His eyes went to his grandfather. "Do not force Wu Jian to rebel"

Wu Jian turned - his dead eyes made the eunuchs quickly opened the doors for him. He left without turning back even with the Crown Prince's calls.

"Imperial father" The Crown Prince was filled with concern.

For the first time, the Crown Prince could see a slight distress on the usually calm and smiling Emperor Huizhong. He knew that his royal father was truly concern for Wu Jian's last statement. Regardless of Wu Jian's temper and coldness, the young Prince never joke about rebelling. That word itself was a big threat. No one wanted to hear the demon Prince mentioning the word "rebel".