Three Years Later

America's POV
As I chased Eadlyn and Ahren around the living room, the phone rang. I quickly quieted them down and picked up the phone.
"Hello" I said into the phone.
"America!" I instantly recognized the voice... it was Kriss.
She was probably calling just to brag about her life with him. The life I could of had if I had not messed everything up.
"Hey Kriss how are you. I have not seen you since The Selection".
"Wonderful of course. Being Queen is amazing but being married to Maxon is even better ."
When she said his name it made me want to cry. After three years I still could not say or hear his name.
"That's great Kriss. But why did you call me exactly."
"Oh! Yah I almost forgot, Maxon and I are throwing a party for our two year anniversary and I need to get him a gift."
" So why did you call me."
" I was thinking about what to get him and I remembered how much he loved your singing. And I was wondering if you would come to the palace and sing for us."
I looked at my children. I never told Maxon that he had twins. I was to scared that he would take them away from me. Or we should start yelling at each other. After all, fighting is what we are best at. I could not go to the palace and see him. I still remember the last thing he said to me, "I'll be glad when you're gone." Once agin the thought of him made me want to cry.
"I don't know Kriss"
"Why?" she whined.
" Its just hard ...I have no one to watch my kids" I lied
"Kids?"
"Yah Kriss I would love to but I can't "
" You could bring them with you"
" I don't know they are in there "terrible twos" they might make a mess or something like that.
I hated to lie about the twins behavior. Honestly they  were very well behaved. They where just like him.
"We can find some one at the place to watch them. Please America you have to come. I am dying to see you and I bet Maxon is too."
I highly doubt Maxon wanted to see me. I broke his heart. He probably hates me.
" I still don't know Kriss."
"Please America. I'm queen I can force you to come." She says jokingly.
I then realized I was not going to win this battle. Although I really did not want I would have to toughen up and see Maxon agin.
"Fine Kriss I guess I could sing at your party."
"Yay  oh my gosh I can't wait to see you and your kids"
" Ok bye Kriss"
" Bye America"
I instantly hang up the phone. Eadlyn and Ahren came running over to me.
Ahren looked so much like Maxon.  Anyone who really knows Maxon can see it. His beautiful blond hair. And soft brown eyes.
And although I really didn't know everything about Queen Amberly I could still see a lot of her in Eadlyn.  And not to mention they where born 9 months after the selection ended.
Someone is bound to figure out my secret.
What did I get my self into.

Authers Note
Hello everyone this is my first fan-fiction ever I never thought I would wright a fanfic but I absolutely love the selection series so I hope you like it. Also I hope you like the story line next chapter might be from Maxon POV or a flashback to the choosing ceremony.Thank you so much for reading it.
       ~ Alison 🤓 ✌️🤘✌️