This might become problematic

I headed down the hall that led to the cafeteria in search for Mel. Then I remembered that she told me she will meet us at our usual spot, I sighed a little bit, feeling a bit idiotic on not remembering what she said to me. I then marched towards the hall that led to our "usual spot", that was in between the schools garden.

As I walked there, I saw Damien coming out of the halls corner. His nose was still a little swollen from his fall last week, but it wasn't noticeable at all. When he saw me, he froze and then smirked; as he did, more guys came behind him.

'Not again.' Was the only thing that came to mind, I'm not in the mood to deal with him right now. But it's not like I have any place to run and hide.

Once he already reached me, he was a few inches in front of me, and his "boys" a few centimeters in back of him. His smirk only showed a tint of malice, and his eyes showed a slightly playful expression. I looked at him awfully bored.

"Look who it is, the newbie." He said in a slightly playful high pitched voice, as if he's very happy to see me.

"Hello", I said in a cheerful tone as I waved to the guys in back of him, even though I wasn't indeed cheerful; the guys in the back did not waver, they stood tall with their "intimidated" pose and/or expression.

"Last week you and me had a bit of a problem." He said referring to his little "accident". "And I just came here to return the favor, and these boys will help me" He said darkly, the boys in the back smiled mischievously. But I wasn't scared, this isn't the first time these things happen, and won't be the last.

"Am I supposed to be scared? Because if I should, it's not working." I said with a cocky smile on my face; I crossed my arms and looked at them, they were a bit taken a back of my character. "Honestly Damien, I thought you were better then this." I said as I was now moving to side to side with my index finger on my chin, looking as if I was "thinking".

"You are able to gather a big group of well built boys, just to beat up one scrawny person as myself. Am I that hard too handle?" I asked looking at him, he just gave me a slight glare.

"You know what, leave him to me!" He yelled to the boys, they backed up a little and Damien glared at me.

"Oh, I'm so scared." I said sarcastically; it seemed like I was a professional at provoking people, because in one swift movement my back was slammed into the lockers and Damien had his right hand on my neck. He glared into my eyes and I just looked at him, no  signs of fear making it through to him; and that may be because I wasn't scared at all on what he could do to me.

"You should be." He said lowly, making his voice seem a tad more intimidating then before. "Because if you keep being like that, I will choke you right now until there isn't any breathing in you." He said, I cocked my right eyebrow and let it fall in seconds.

"Kinky." I said right after, the words just slid out my mouth, it wasn't my intention to say that; but, oh well..

Damien's eyes widen a little, don't know if it was in shock or disgust. But what I do know, is that it was immediately replaced with a full on hard glare at me; he raised his left arm, as if to punch me and I closed my eyes, waiting for the impact. Yet, it never came..

When I opened my eyes, I saw that Damien had his head turned to the left and his eyes were a little widen, they showed shock and... fear? I needed to see who was the one that could cause Damien to have that look on his face, he was also trembling slightly and his grip from my neck loosened a bit. Once I looked at the person who Damien was looking at, I saw Adrien holding Damien's arm. He had a harden glare set on Damien, and Damien was a little surprised and scared; but then regained his previous attitude.

"What are you doing?" Asked Damien to Adrien.

"I would like to ask the same to you." He said, slightly pushing Damien off me. I was a bit surprised of Adrien's actions, I thought he hated me; looks like I was wrong. Maybe, he's actually a nice guy....

"I was going to show this nerd a lesson." He yelled back a little aggressively. "Now, What are you doing?"

"I'm saving my ass by saving his." Adrien simply said.

"What?" Damien said, not getting the situation.

"He's my English partner now, you could beat him all you want once the project is over. But I need him completely healthy now." Adrien said, like it was obvious.

I take back what I thought about him, I still hate him.

Damien let out a loud and exaggerated sigh, and then glared at me.

"Alright." He said barely audible and taking his leave, the boys that came with him left right after. Now leaving Adrien and me alone in the halls.

After a few seconds later, Adrien looked at me a little angry. He walked towards me, and I walked backwards until my back collided with the lockers once again, and he was a few inches away from me.

We stayed like that for a while, me with my back towards the lockers, and Adrien full on glaring at me. He seemed like he was about to say something, but quickly refrained from doing so. I was about to say "why did you save me?" Or "why did you do that?"; but he quickly left.

I then looked at the ground, and then sighed. I was confused on what was his motives on saving me from getting punched; but it may be like he says. He just wants me well for the project. And like that I left to go look for Mel, with only one thing in mind.

This might become problematic.